hf1

Wraps rubbing?

My avatar
mrssproggit
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Wraps rubbing?

Postby mrssproggit » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me out. I've been using cloth nappies (little lambs) on my dd for a few months now. She seems to have come up with some red marks on her thighs :shock: where (I think) the leg elastic of the wraps would be. :crossbaby: I don't put the wraps on really tight, but don't want to put them too loose either for fear of potentially getting a pooey mess everywhere!! :doh: :(
It doesn't seem to bother her (not chapped or anything), but I think it looks sore. The skin feels a little like it's dry, but more like it's "rough" (like your fingers would get after playing the guitar for a while I guess is the closest description I can think of!).
Can anyone help me with suggestions of what's caused this to happen? What can I do to make it better?? Please help me!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: Wraps rubbing?

Postby littlesez » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

I dont know the cause, we got these marks from poppered wraps but not the little lambs :-? i would say they could possibly be on too tight but not sure. We got rid of the marks with bepanthen cream then switched to wool wraps for overnight but still use LL wraps with no problem in the day HTH :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:39 pm

It sounds like detergent buildup in the binding on the wraps - we used to get this on Isabelle with motherease wraps...

Give them an extra rinse cycle - or switch to a different wrap... We never had this problem with weenotions wraps - or wool for that matter...

My avatar
mrssproggit
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mrssproggit » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:43 pm

I always put nappies and wraps on an extra rinse cycle, if not two! I am actually interested in trying out wool wraps, but know absolutely NOTHING about them!! :shock: :wink: Can anyone help me out with what to look for, etc with wool wraps? Also, what size would I need to get for dd? She's 14lb odd in weight at the moment. Would like to try weenotions and wool, just to see which would suit us best!! :) Am also a big fan of cute looking wraps!! :giggle: Thanks for all your advice! x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:07 pm

if you go to board index there is a whole section on wool :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:30 pm

This happened I to Gracie with wraps (I have only ever used wraps about 5 or 6 times) so we stopped using them all together we now only use wool or fleece.
I have some pixi knit bloomers for sale in the classifieds, they are fantastic, Gracie wore them at night :wink:

My avatar
mrssproggit
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mrssproggit » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi ladies, thank you all for your help and advice. I need to look more into fleece and wool as wraps, so will do my homework and make some decisions. What about using pockets and aios, etc? Have recently started adding to our stash with ittis and popngros, but wondering if these would be any better? It also means we can have prettier and cuter nappies :giggle: :giggle: so I'm really only trying to find an excuse to get some more!! May have to figure out where to get some £££ from though ... :cry: :cry: Any ideas??? x

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:02 pm

a fleece soaker would be ideal or ones of these stacinator wraps:

http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatal ... ACSSS.html

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:11 pm

I had this problem with motherease airflow wraps that I used overnight on my two. I've swapped to using wool. Was very very cynical about it - but I'm a convert now. Wool is much softer on their legs.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat