hf1

How long have you been using cloth for?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:29 pm

I'm already thinking how would I take cloth abroad, but my godmother has a drier, so perhaps disps on plane to US and brand new nappies waiting :oops: or not go on a plane until Ben is a grown up! And pack the car with his whole collection which would last nearly a week!

My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sjb2711 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:30 pm

Can't believe we've been using cloth nappies for 3 years and 8 months - 2 bottoms though!

We did 1 month of disposables with Jacob and 2 weeks with Joseph when they were first born. We use cloth nappies when we go away to my Mum and Dad's and that is our holiday in the West Country! The only other holiday we had (in the UK) when Jacob was 2, we used disposables :( :( (no washing facilities).

Sarah

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:35 pm

Rae wrote:Steph - if your using them on holidays then where are you going on your hols, and what do you take to have enough, and how do you fit them in?

Erm well we're not very adventurous... Any places we've been so far are MIL's in Kent, cottage in the lakes which had a washing machine, line outside and tumble drier... and my parents!!
Hotel stays have only been for 1 night so washing could wait...

As to how to fit them all in - I have HUGE suitcase which gets partially filled with nappies!! :lol: And I take wetbags to pop them in, I take about 1/2-3/4 of my collection... Mostly pockets and night nappies...

Dunno what I'd do if we stayed in a hotel for longer than a few nights!! I can't see myself hand-washing nappies that's for sure! Would probably use fleece liners inside disposables to protect her skin...
With wraps over the top for night time security!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:37 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
Rae wrote:Dunno what I'd do if we stayed in a hotel for longer than a few nights!! I can't see myself hand-washing nappies that's for sure! Would probably use fleece liners inside disposables to protect her skin...

Steph - you are missing the obvious - BUY MORE NAPPIES :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:37 pm

13 months!!!!!!

feels like i only started yesterday!!!

oh those poor BC ladies with all my questions when starting out!!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:40 pm

Shevi - I was thinking we had started about the same time :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:46 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:Dunno what I'd do if we stayed in a hotel for longer than a few nights!! I can't see myself hand-washing nappies that's for sure! Would probably use fleece liners inside disposables to protect her skin...

Steph - you are missing the obvious - BUY MORE NAPPIES :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well sure - but I already have 35 nappies - I think that's more than enough! I already have to do two washes when they need doing sometimes :oops: :oops: :oops:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:01 pm

Steph I has visions of you just having to take the car thru Europe so you could fit the nappies in the boot. When I went to Aus, I did use a combo of disposables and cloth. I organised with my sister for her to leave some for us to use, and another friend to leave a few for us to borrow. Actually I'm very glad they did because I got to try weenies/eenies and babybeehinds for the first time (and my sister had a large enough collection to do her and me at the same time).

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:02 pm

I am proud to say that we used cloth all over the xmas and new year holidays away, apart from night time as they are far too big and I didn't think we would get them washed and dried in time to use again! We took 6 pairs of gDiapers with 20 prefolds and 10 bamboo terries - so that all packed up relatively small. We lasted about 4 or 5 days with that and both the cottage and my parents had a washing machine so I washed them and brough most home clean!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat