hf1

How long have you been using cloth for?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:21 pm

We don't go on holiday much, but I've used them at my mums either with a wetbag or taken a bucket. She's always desperate to wash them for me, even though I've got more than enough!

I did take disposables when we went to Wales in the summer as I didn't realise there was a machine in the cottage. We're going back this year, so if we're still using nappies at night I'll be taking them :D Just to see the reaction from the rest of the family LOL

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:59 pm

when it was just me dh and ds1 we used cloth everytime we went away! pocket nappies. If they were just wet I did hand wash the pocket to be re-used!

Had to use one of dh's t'shirts as stuffing on a couple of occassions (shhhhhhhhhh :lol: :lol: :wink: )

now with 3 of them in cloth I used sposies when we go away (which has been twice in total since the girls have been around!) and will do so again! as much as I love cloth nappies, after all I need a holiday too sometimes :wink:

jan x

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:06 am

Nappyjan wrote:Had to use one of dh's t'shirts as stuffing on a couple of occassions (shhhhhhhhhh :lol: :lol: :wink: )

PMSL that is funny :lol:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:01 am

Velvetsteph wrote:
AnnetteandBen wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:Dunno what I'd do if we stayed in a hotel for longer than a few nights!! I can't see myself hand-washing nappies that's for sure! Would probably use fleece liners inside disposables to protect her skin...
With wraps over the top for night time security!!

Steph - you are missing the obvious - BUY MORE NAPPIES :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well sure - but I already have 35 nappies - I think that's more than enough! I already have to do two washes when they need doing sometimes :oops: :oops: :oops:

Only 35, I think you should at least double that and you wouldn't touch my numbers :wink:

Coming from Annette and her massive collection!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:40 pm

We started using cloth when Phebie was 8 wks old so thats just over 15months now. Tried terry squares unsuccessfully with Hannah too for a few months.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:53 pm

I've used cl0th with Zach since he was 10 m0nths 0ld s0 10 m0nths n0w. I did buy s0me litle nappies but never used them :oops: and s0ld them all. I can't wait t0 use teeny tiny nappies next time.

When we have been t0 Dev0n 0n h0liday 0r just away f0r a night 0t tw0 I take cl0th nappies. F0r a week in Dev0n I just t00k 8 fluffles and 4 night nappies, we had a washer, drier, airer and line and the fluffles dry in n0 time anyway. I st0re them in wet bags and washed in the evenings s0 the fluffles c0uld dry 0vernight. We did use disp0s when abr0ad and hated them!!! If we had had a washer I w0uld have taken cl0th I think.

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:28 am

been using cloth since dd1 was born in novenber 2004. Initiall only during the day. Now have 1 in cloth full time and one in cloth at night. I have more nappies than ican possibly use.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:19 am

I actually bought 7 kushies preloved off ebay when I was pregnant with Erin and was intent on using them but when they arrived they were really naff looking and I was totally put off... I was gutted as I had chatted to a couple of people and they recommended them :shock:

So anyway i went with disposables in the end. However when Erin was 9 months I bought my first lot of Fuzzis and loved them. She was in the fulltime by 10 months (had to get the collection up!) and I haven't looked back since!

So she's been in cloth for 10 months now. :D which is over half her little life now.

My avatar
margie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby margie » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Ten years!! Started off with DD1 and a laundry service but she wsa born in May and I hated hte bin of festering nappies there all week in teh hot weather so then I moved to Kooshies. They were not very good so we had to put her in dispos at night. She was out of nappies just when DD2 was born. I struggled on with Kooshies and prefolds with DD2 and then discovered Totsbots and Motheresae - fab! Used them for DS1 and then with DS2 also got some Bamboozles. Now they are all out of nappies and I am selling off the last of them (if anyone will have them!) - :cry:

Margie

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat