Why did this have to happen!? I could cry

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Why did this have to happen!? I could cry

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 pm

rhead wrote::shock: :cry:

Am I the only shady character who's wondering if you couldn't get some of us to mock you up bills for stuff you bought on the classifieds? Down with insurance companies! Up with nappies!

Hope you can get some sort of compensation sorted :hug: :hug: :hug:

:giggle: :hug:

mozscrafton wrote:surely that can't be right? you can't keep every receipt for every little thing!! can you not try the citizens advice bureau? :hug:

thats what I said to them but apparently you should keep all reciepts for any non-perishables for at least 12 months for this reason (thanks Mr insurance an I'll send them all to your hous shall I :x )

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:09 pm

stoopid insurance company :evil:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:15 pm

rhead wrote::shock: :cry:

Am I the only shady character who's wondering if you couldn't get some of us to mock you up bills for stuff you bought on the classifieds? Down with insurance companies! Up with nappies!

No I was thinking that too. Even if you told insurance company that where you bought them from they could provide duplicates.

:hug: :hug:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:27 pm

oh no :hug:
You should be able to access your Paypal receipts though. If you log into your account, on the overview page, there is a button 'view all my transactions'. Should have a full record of every transaction you've made. Find the right ones and click 'details'. I can't see why they wouldn't accept that as a receipt.

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:34 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: I would be in tears too. I can also spare a GN bububebe if you need it, unfortunatly most of my stash is girly or bog standard bamboozle, geobel etc but if any good you are welcome to some if you change you mind about needing more.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks Victoria, I'm just glad I didn't put my wet bag in now. I'm not sure if it's because it's Paypal thet they are being funny or because it's a computer print out so I'll have to get back on tomorrow I think but if it's going to put our premiums up and I'm only going to be able to replace a couple of the nappies I think we might have to forget about it anyway :(

:hug: thanks Bryony

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:56 am

:shock: oh no!!!! stupid stupid machine! I cant believe your insurance company has told you that you need proof of purchase for all those items which were ruined - so what would happen if those items were older than 12 months? What, they wouldnt need receipts?? :roll: They'd still need replacing!!!!! Paypal receipts are proof of payment for goods too, so it sounds like the 'insurance' company it trying to pull a fast one tbh. Im gonna look it up, coz im sure thats not right. :hug: :hug: :hug:

ETA have posted on Martins Money insurance forum, Im sure i'll get some replies pretty soon.

What nappies did you have in there hun? x

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:55 am

fluffycabbage wrote:What nappies did you have in there hun? x

We had our new Bububebe and HL that he had only worn a few times, our HO (fair enough he was growing out of it but we would have got a few more wears yet) 3 mutts and a couple of CSP and wraps, most of our faves :cry:

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:53 pm

:hug: How awful, i would be gutted if a load of mine got ruined.

:evil: Can't believe the insurance company - have you got new for old cover?
Surley you can't be expected to keep receipts for all items for 12 months just incase something happen.

What would happen to people who had a fire - all receipts would be burnt - would the insurnce company then say tough, we are not paying out! :-?

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat