hf1

Seriously thinking about giving up :(

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Seriously thinking about giving up :(

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:19 pm

God this whole reusable nappy thing is peeing me off. I just cant find a nappy that'll last charlie any decent amount of time! I seem to always be washing, stain removing, drying, dealing with a very wriggly baby, buying preloved and new but just wasting my money coz they dont work (even though they seem to work for everyone else!). i cant dress her in pretty things any more. everything seems to be a struggle! theres only 1 night nappy that vaguely works for her too. i keep having days off here n there, using sposies, and its just easy. no stress. no hassle.
god why cant i have a medium wetter??? :x

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Seriously thinking about giving up :(

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Dont know what to suggest but sending :hug: :hug: :hug: if you don't think you can/ want to continue with cloth then don't, it's not supposed to make your life harder hun you just don't need the hassle :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:31 pm

:hug:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:33 pm

dya know what lisa, ur totally right. and it does. i dont want it to be that way, but i feel like i almost have no choice, coz she just pees like friggin mad!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:40 pm

well just put 'em away then, if you decide down the line she is weeing less then get them back out but for now don't even try if you don't want to. You'll only stress yourslf out and no-one will blame you for wanting an easy life :hug:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:06 pm

Is she weaning yet? taking less milk etc? You might find she is peeing less when on more solids :hug: I agree with Lisa, it isnt supposed to make your life harder so if you want a break then take one and try again some other time :hug:

Sarah xx

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:30 pm

I've been in this situation with Ethan. I felt as though I was changing him constantly, and not just the nappy - trousers and vest most of the time too! I went to 'sposies while I got the situation sorted, and even though we're getting there now, I do look at the 'sposies and sometimes think it'd be nice to have the 'easy life' back.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sarah
x

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Was just lurking but felt the need to post. My life is a big stress fest at the moment and i've got my boys in sposies for now cos i don't feel like washing and changing all the time. I've been like this before but after a week or two i've got the fluff back out. before then I was getting stressed about night nappies and just ended up putting them in sposies. At the end of the day, being a mum is stressfull enough and if it makes your life a bit easier for a bit then sposies it is. but don't do anything that you might regret like selling your fluff, in a few weeks you might want them back! I sold all my ittis and regret it now :(

My avatar
alwaysagirly
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby alwaysagirly » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:52 pm

:hug: put them away for a bit, don't make your life harder than it needs to be. Don't sell in haste, you might regret it later, give it a couple of weeks and then see how you feel :hug:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat