hf1

Seriously thinking about giving up :(

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Seriously thinking about giving up :(

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:01 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:can u still put tights over wool? i mean that'd look just ridiculous surely? talk about a big bum :giggle:

Yep, we do it all the time. I don't think it looks ridiculous at all, tights aren't all that thick and as the skirt/dress covers everything it really doesn't look big. I find pockets more bulky on Katie than fitteds and soakers anyway.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:42 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:No Ive not tried them, though they sound like they'd very bulky once boosted :-?

I didnt find them bulky, they are basically a layer of fleece, with an outer pocket of hemp and an attached hemp booster, so the bulkiness would depend on what you stuffed it with.

Evie is my one and only girl and she was always dressed in skirts and dresses and really girly when she was in nappies so no you arent selfish for wanting that, personally I thought there was nothing nicer than seeing a nice pocket or a wool soaker underneath the skirt though, and it didnt affect what I dressed her in at all - then I quite liked the big bum look :giggle:

I have used tights over wool soakers before and never had a problem :)

Hmm :-? about the crochet getting wetter quicker than the knit, we always found the opposite :-?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:52 pm

right i shall go shopping for tights tomorrow, and see what it looks like.
i guess im gonna need an interlock or fleece soaker tho? coz the wool would make her bum too big for the tights wouldnt it? :-?

yeah i dunno what it was about the crochet ones but they didnt work for us like knitted ones do :-?

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:46 pm

:hug:

Sounds like you're just getting problem after problem :(

We use large sandies or toddle ease with wool and at least one hemp and one cotton booster! And my Charlotte is about the same age as yours :D - and a heavy wetter - must be the name :giggle: I usually change her every couple of hours - then if I know I want to leave her longer eg. if we're going out, stick an extra hemp booster in. I found I could get plenty of boost in one of these without any leg gape. I'm definately prefering hemp and MF - because we always have to have our massive fleece liner, the MF is never next to her skin so seems to be fine for us. Over night I use two hemp boosters - we've only got stuffins atm and they seem to work well then MF and a cotton mother ease one. And sometimes atm - because she's teething and drinking more, I do change her during one of her night feeds, if I think she's too wet.

I'm going to try interlock with tights - I've had dungies and trousers over wool soakers and not had any problems. She's my only girl too - but I've been putting her dresses over longies. I do like the big bum look tho - she was in a sposie the other day and it just looked odd.....she looked half dressed! :shock:

LLS have got 10% off their interlock soakers tomorrow! I've stuck an alarm in my phone so I don't forget :hohoho:

But as others have said - they're only nappies - use sposies if it's not working - I have a pack in the cupboard, cos we go thro so many nappies and inserts and fleeces (especially this week as I'm having to use them double since the teething wee is back), sometimes I run out of one or the other bit and sposies are there as the fall back. It's not worth stressing yourself out over :wink:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Hey hun!!

I have a very girly girl and she spends most of her time in dresses/skirts or wool. I use fleece and wool soakers under leggings and tights or trousers :):)
If you have a fleece liner in and her nappies are soaking then it sounds like your doing ok, she wont get wet at all!
Sophie is also a MEGA wetter, she outpees a GM unboosted in under an hour, they last 3 hrs max boosted. Night nappies apart from standard minki's and Minki outer fitteds boosted with puddlekins super mega booster made just for Sophie are all that will last.
Nothing wrong wil PUL, its more breathable than a sposie :)
If you need to take a break, do it, your only human and if your fed up have a break!!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat