Seriously thinking about giving up :(

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Seriously thinking about giving up :(

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Could you just stop giving her milk? That'll stop her from peeing :giggle:

seriously though don't beat yourself up about it. If using cloth is in the 'too hard' basket then take a break. You don't need to commit yourself to using disposables just as you don't need to commit to using cloth.

Why not take a break until after xmas, then see how you feel?

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:21 pm

You might find as well as she goes up a size nappies might have stopped fitting so well and absorbency suffers too. Ella was like that shifting from medium to large sizes and after she started cruising about, then walking her shape changed loads and nappies that didn't work so well before or were getting soaked suddenly started performing well again.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:24 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: i would take a break or use resuables for say 2 days then sposies for 2 days am sure it will get easier :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:26 pm

yeah i guess i could take a break. although im not sure if the situation is gonna change that much tbh. surely once a heavy wetter always a heavy wetter?
Yes she's weaning now, so her poos are getting more solid now (thank god) and only once a day, sometimes 2 days between. but theyre as wet as ever! shes still taking what she was before weaning, milk-wise. she's a bit underweight atm too, so needs the extra, iykwim.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:28 pm

First of all :hug: :hug:

And I would suggest take a break and use disposables without feeling sorry.
You're kids deserve a happy mum and if that's what you get using disposables so be it.
Don't be so hard on yourself!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:37 pm

I've had this battle too. Bella is a mega wetter and I was very close to giving up at a few points as she just kept out-weeing all the nappies we had. Luckily DH, who was a stay-at-home-dad at the time, refused to use sposies and just said I had to find nappies which worked.

We now have a nice selection of nappies, but they do need boosting to make them last any longer than about 2.5 hours. All her night nappies need boosting again to make them last the night.

I'm kinda resigned to the idea that slim nappies just won't work for Bella and that I will need to boost any nappy which goes on her bum, or change the nappies every 2 hours.

ETA: We use sposies when we visit my parents (they don't have decent washing facilities) and I'm always quite taken aback at how well they last and how easy it is. But they do STINK!!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:48 pm

:hug: to you hun, i found taliesin has been peeing loads more of late, and we have been struggling with our current nappies, even a ffn used in the day he is outpeeing quite quick, and he has food too and maybe 3-4 7 oz bottles a day. what gets me most right now is they smell after an hour, and all the stripping in the world ain't helping, he has leaked wee thru his wool of late too which is driving me nuts, and yes all his nice clothes are not in use due to having to use wool over the top, so just to get him in some normal stuff we have gone back to using our minky wraps on top of fitted nappies, but we wash each 3 days, so every third day the washing machine is taken over by nappies, as is the dryer as the weather is crap and i don't have enough doorways to put em on! ur not the only one is my point flower.xx

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:01 pm

I agree, if it's making you crazy, don't feel bad about taking a break! But I wouldn't sell your fluff yet, you might really regret it in a week, or a month, or 2 months :hug: :hug: :hug:.

I'm just struggling with whether to bring our nappies on holiday this year... in the past I've always used sposies because we usually do a 5-day return (2 days traveling, 3 days relaxing :roll:) and it's an awkward amount of time, but this year we're going to stay longer so I should be able to wash and dry. I'd much rather have our lovely and non-stinky fluff, but sposies *are* easier when you're traveling and out of your normal environment :-?. Again, my point is you're not the only one who takes a break from time to time, for whatever reason :wink:.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:13 pm

fluffycabbage wrote: surely once a heavy wetter always a heavy wetter?

Not necessarily hun. William was a heavy wetter when he was little but that changed and hes now a medium. I'd say once shes weened completely (on 3 meals a day) then the milk will most likely cut down and her outweeing will stop.

Sending :hug: :hug: I'm sure almost everyone here has at one point wanted to give up on cloth so dont feel bad and do what is best for you :hug:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat