hf1

DRYING NAPPIES

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

DRYING NAPPIES

Postby Shaunie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi all, How close to the radiator can you hang pockets to dry? Im warmer months I have them over the back of dining chairs which does the job. I have those racks you hang over the radiator - can I use those or is that too close?

Also, with my bamboo nappies & inserts - can they be put straight on the radiator or an airer or tumble?

Thanks, Siobhan :)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: DRYING NAPPIES

Postby Annette » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:56 pm

The radiator hanging things are fine to hang things on - you just don't want elastic or pul getting too close as very hot hear can damage them. I wouldn't put bamboo straight onto a radiator as the bamboo can cook a bit :D

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 pm

With bamboo its best if you can line dry them as much as possible and then if you need to its fine to tumble on low heat aswell :wink:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks for that. I have put the bamboo in the drier today because they may have froze on the line :giggle: & the radiator airer is full waiting to go now I know it's 'safe' :wink:

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi, not really an answer to your question but i had read in another part of this forum about double spinning to reduce drying time and i have found it helps loads, i would never have thought to do it!

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:14 pm

I have the underwear hanging things from tescos and they are fab then hang wherever i can but fits loads on.
sarah

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:29 pm

I dry all of DS's nappies over the bannister. They dry really quickly as hot air rises up the stairs. :wink:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:35 pm

i put my bamboo nappies on the frontroom raidiator as its turned right down as its mainly an unused room. i use the airer for anything that doesnt fit on that :oops:
and i use the banister for jeans n blankets hehe

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat