Sposies vs Pockets

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Sposies vs Pockets

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Soupdragon wrote:
ETA - just thought of something else. If the nappies you're taking off aren't completely sodden, you might get on with a fleece lined nappy. Something like a Bumhugger that already has a stay dry layer in it might suit you better. Brain addled and I can't think of others OTTOMH, but I'm sure there are more. A Bumhugger is quite slim as it's all hemp, so does stand up well to heavier wetters.

why do you say that? what are the technicalities there then?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Just that the fleece just ensures that the wetness isn't sat next to your baby's skin, so you know that even when the hemp is wet - ie, the outside, it won't bother her because of the stay-dry layer. So you'd be able to leave the nappy on for longer than you currently do. Hemp is just fantastically absorbent, so works well for heavy wetters. A BH also has the advantage that the soaker can be pulled out for quicker drying. That also means a pocket, where you can pop extra bamboo if you need it. So it can be boosted without compromising the stay dry layer. Does that make sense? :oops:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:30 pm

yep - but i already use a fleece liner in my GMs so i guess it wouldnt be any different?
Ive not tried any hemp nappies yet, just bamboo (always boosted with hemp tho). Would be interesting to see how they performed.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:52 am

Nathan's quite a heavy wetter but we can get 5 hours from a gk,for that i have a gk bamboo insert,a babeco booster and 2 gks small boosters.or 2 gk inserts he sometimes has them on that long in car journeys,not usually!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:10 am

Just wanted to add about eco sposies as we use these at night & the odd emergency. We don't have any leaks & ds is a heavy wetter. If he was wearing them during the day (very occasionally), I change every him 3 hours & looking at the nappy, I'd say that there's plenty room for more wee :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat