hf1

Sposies vs Pockets

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Sposies vs Pockets

Postby megansmummy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:29 pm

ahh i see what you mean, i am easily confused!!

yesh the only difference being that pickets are PUL as opposed to full of nasties as everyone has said :wink:

im amazed that with such a heavy wetter that you get away with pockets, when megan was about 8 months old we had major problems with pockets and they never worked again for her...no matter what we stuffed with we always got leaks and she wasnt really a heavy wetter :-? its funny how different things work for different people...

I was thinking tho you mentioned in your previous post about not liking the wetness be next to Charlottes skin? Do you think thats why she is 'out peeing' her fitteds so fast? becuase you change as soon as they feel damp rather than when they are wet? and i guess with a pocket you dont get that becuase the sides of the nappy dont get wet like they do with a fitted? I mean a GM will last kieren 3 hours easily unboosted but its wet when i take it off, not wet enough to leak but its deffinatly wet...

:hug: so hope that you can find something that works hun!!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:41 pm

megansmummy wrote:ahh i see what you mean, i am easily confused!!

yesh the only difference being that pickets are PUL as opposed to full of nasties as everyone has said :wink:

im amazed that with such a heavy wetter that you get away with pockets, when megan was about 8 months old we had major problems with pockets and they never worked again for her...no matter what we stuffed with we always got leaks and she wasnt really a heavy wetter :-? its funny how different things work for different people...

I was thinking tho you mentioned in your previous post about not liking the wetness be next to Charlottes skin? Do you think thats why she is 'out peeing' her fitteds so fast? becuase you change as soon as they feel damp rather than when they are wet? and i guess with a pocket you dont get that becuase the sides of the nappy dont get wet like they do with a fitted? I mean a GM will last kieren 3 hours easily unboosted but its wet when i take it off, not wet enough to leak but its deffinatly wet...

:hug: so hope that you can find something that works hun!!

It does seem strange Tory but yeah we've never ever had a leak with Fuzzis :-? :D

what you say about charlie outpeeing the GMs, yeah maybe, i tend to take them off once the outer is wet but not sopping, and thats usually at the front coz shes on her belly a lot :giggle: It hasnt had time to work its way up the back when i take them off. I just dont like the idea of a sopping wet nappy next to her skin. Although i suppose thats still what you get with a pocket, tho its not as obvious coz its behind PUL..........

soooooooooo confuddled :-?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:47 pm

ok so forgive my denss pg brain, but do u use a soaker hun ? that would cut down on wetness right next to the little princess' skin so much, and perhaps a sty dry liner? such as minki, cuddlesoft or fleece? just a thought. sposies r just nasty, we changed over to cloth coz t could out pee them, they'd explode in the night and we'd have a crystal goo everywhere, and the smell! omfg nasty!!! dunno what eco sposies r like though as i haven't ever tried them

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:12 pm

charlies never outpeed a sposie!

Yeah of course i use a soaker :giggle: when we use OBV GMs we use an EP hemp underneath it own double boosters, and a fleece liner on top x

ETA and then wool :D

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:37 pm

I don't particularly think Oz is a heavy wetter but he normally goes through pockets a lot faster than fitteds. Pockets only last max 3 hours. I don't have any flash fitteds just ones like BG bamboo and TB flexi and a couple of UD fitteds and those last a lot longer than our BBOS, UDOS and GKs.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:43 pm

was just a thought hun :oops: dunno what else to suggest, me stumped! :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:46 pm

Depending on the sposie, there are some which Bella can't outpee, but she can pretty much outpee any cloth nappy I have come across, so I do get where you are coming from.

I have learned to accept that, even if the nappy is soaked and providing the fleece liner is in flat, her skin (all over, not just the crotch and bum) is dry and therefore it doesn't irritate her. I think soaking wet nappies annoy me more than her due to the damp spots they can leave if they get too wet :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:33 pm

From what you're saying, Charlie isn't outpeeing the fitted nappies. I know when I take a fitted off Iris it is wet through to the tabs; it literally cannot take another ml of liquid without us getting leaks. If some of the nappies you're taking off are still dry in places, she's obviously not outpeeing them. If you're worried about wetness next to her skin, you could try cutting your own fleece liners - I did this with Iris' night nappies as I didn't like the idea of wetness next to her skin waking her. I got a cheap fleece throw from the supermarket, drew around the nappies I wanted to cover and then cut the blanket up. (Oh, I prewashed it to account for shrinking.) That way, you know there's no wetness next to your LOs skin as it covers everything right down to the tabs.

Does the wetness bother Charlie, or do you just not like the idea of it?

ETA - just thought of something else. If the nappies you're taking off aren't completely sodden, you might get on with a fleece lined nappy. Something like a Bumhugger that already has a stay dry layer in it might suit you better. Brain addled and I can't think of others OTTOMH, but I'm sure there are more. A Bumhugger is quite slim as it's all hemp, so does stand up well to heavier wetters.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:44 pm

oh yeah it bothered her big time! sometimes she could have one on for an hour, and she starts moaning, so i check her nappy just to be sure, and its wet! so i change her and shes fine! we use big liners, which pretty much cover the whole GM, so im not sure that that's the issue :-?
and i dont like the idea of it either :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat