Not keen on the big bum

My avatar
purplehearts
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Not keen on the big bum

Postby purplehearts » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:56 am

Velvetsteph wrote:
mabo wrote:Oh thanks for that! I shall try boosting her bimble tomorrow. I dont have any xs fuzzis though but i do have loads of EP hemp boosters.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

I found EP hemps were too big to boost newborn nappies with :?

Sorry coming in late here, but I was just wondering what you used for boosting teeny nappies with?
I've got my newborn stash together now, just need more boosters and can't find many that fit! The only ones I've found so far are Little Lamb bamboo so think I might just get lots of those

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:51 am

this was a problem for me too, but when we went to pockets to fitteds. I hated the big bum for the same reasons as you, and decided to go back to using pockets, which im very happy with now. I'd defo go with pockets, theyre much slimmer.
Maybe just have a break from them, to feel the love again in a few weeks? Nobody (including yourself!) should make you feel guilty for not using cloth 24-7 :hug: :hug:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:30 am

purplehearts wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:
mabo wrote:Oh thanks for that! I shall try boosting her bimble tomorrow. I dont have any xs fuzzis though but i do have loads of EP hemp boosters.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

I found EP hemps were too big to boost newborn nappies with :?

Sorry coming in late here, but I was just wondering what you used for boosting teeny nappies with?
I've got my newborn stash together now, just need more boosters and can't find many that fit! The only ones I've found so far are Little Lamb bamboo so think I might just get lots of those

You'll struggle to find ll size 1 bamboo boosters- i've looked everywhere this past week! There only seems to be the night time ones which are too big.the only similar ones i've found are tots bots or the bambinex ones. I thought lollipop might do one too but it's only a one size one on the site and no measurements given.:x!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:36 am

Ellas House do a really trim hemp booster (well used to anyway!) They are in 2 sizes and fold up / out so you can get the fit right in a small nappy.

My avatar
purplehearts
Clothie
Clothie

Postby purplehearts » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:39 am

Oh damn just bought a 10 pack of them, didn't realise they were different! :oops:
Maybe WeeNotions... I know they do boosters at a reasonable price - 3 for 4.50, and you can pick the fabric. It says they are 27cm long by 10cm wide but I guess you could request them a certain size?
Also I found EP do a small slimline terry booster which they say fits in their bimble and other newborn nappies, but I would prefer bamboo really.
Sorry for hijacking your post hun, I should prob start another thread as have a few questions on this issue...
By the way, I agree with the other post - don't feel guilty!! If you are using cloth for ecological reasons, remember that every single cloth nappy you've ever used has stopped a disposable going into landfill so I think you can safely say you've done your bit, not that you have anything to prove. It is so much easier using cloth when you enjoy it, and if you're not loving it right now then give yourself a break until you do XX

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:46 am

I've just bought 6 of the Weenotions bamboo boosters which should be the perfect size for newborn/small nappies. I found them too small for Bella's pockets last time around, so they should be perfect for tiny ones.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:01 am

I have the WN boosters too, and agree that they could be great for newborn nappies as they're quite small and trim.
Perhaps you could use the fluff at night when the big-bum look isnt as big an issue. Or use wool longies more of the time, then you wont have to squeeze clothes over the top of a big bum!

If you dont feel the fluffy love though, dont worry, just take a break and maybe the love will come back after a while! :hug:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 am

I was gonna say xs fuzzis or ittis, but seems I've been beaten to it, I hope you work it out hun

[ Mobile Post ] Image

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat