hf1

Negative comments on Daily Mail site

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Negative comments on Daily Mail site

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:03 pm

It could only the same loonies who iron socks, bedding and underpants. Please don't anyone here cough to doing any of those! :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:06 pm

2climbingboys wrote:It could only the same loonies who iron socks, bedding and underpants. Please don't anyone here cough to doing any of those! :giggle:

Okay well I do like pillowcases to be ironed but I don't do them - DH does occasionally (when I nag him ;) ) as they feel nicer especially if I've not folded them after they've come out of the tumbledrier... Socks, the rest of the bedding and underpants no...

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:14 pm

oh god, some people eh :babyrolleyes:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:24 pm

The comment that really pee's me off is

"SO bored of these smug mums ramming their opinions down other peoples throats. I use disposible nappies because I don't want to use cloth nappies - and I don't really care what anyone else thinks."

I HATE that so many mums think things are rammed down their throats! How many times do you turn the TV on and see disposable adds? ALL the bloody time so I think we are more likely the ones getting disposables rammed down their throat.

I hear this statement time and time again regarding breastfeeding - it's as if you are passionate about something and believe what it stands for that automatically makes you a nazi about it.

:evil: :evil:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:37 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil: don't even get me started. who on earth irons a nappy?! have added my two penneth too. narrow minded thick selfish people. Those idiots will be the same ones that don't breastfeed because breasts are a sexual object. Ignorant pigs. And i am not a snob! i live in a bloody council house df works, we do have a life and i spend maybe one minute a day extra on cloth than i would with disps. Its only 2 washs a week for me for gods sake.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:40 pm

this is NOT me btw :giggle: :evil:
Although I don't disagree with the use of re-usable nappies, lets take a well known fact into consideration. A child who is still in nappies is quite a handful! I would rather spend more time caring for my child, than washing and ironing their dirty nappies.

- Emma, Leeds, 4/12/2009 11:01

who on earth irons nappies? and how does she think we wash them? by hand?! they go in the machine, it takes all of 5 seconds to bung the bag in :evil:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:42 pm

zodoz wrote:The comment that really pee's me off is

"SO bored of these smug mums ramming their opinions down other peoples throats. I use disposible nappies because I don't want to use cloth nappies - and I don't really care what anyone else thinks."

Riiiiiiiight... This is the reason the planet is in such a state!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:47 pm

what a load of nonsense :x

I have to say i am v economical and enviromentally freindly when it comes to ironing :oops: :oops: :giggle: I can't even remember where it is!

My avatar
mozscrafton
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mozscrafton » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:05 pm

charliesam wrote:what a load of nonsense :x

I have to say i am v economical and enviromentally freindly when it comes to ironing :oops: :oops: :giggle: I can't even remember where it is!

I know exactly where mine is - in the cupboard :hohoho: I usually hope the creases will drop out as I wear them! So I'm certainly not going to start ironing nappies anytime soon!!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat