hf1

Aplix or snaps........

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Aplix or snaps........

Postby freckle » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:22 pm

I've swapped all my snaps for aplix recently as Oz was being a nightmare at nappy change time and I just couldn't get him to lay still long enough to be all snapped up so they are working wonderfully at the moment. I do find though soemtimes they can come undone if I do them up too tight after he moves but only if he doesn't have anything on over the top, which he normally does.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:28 pm

You an always pre-snap SS nappies, then just pull them on like normal underwear. ;)

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Soupdragon wrote:You an always pre-snap SS nappies, then just pull them on like normal underwear. ;)

Toby has been wearing his XL WNNLs like that as night nappies for months - he could take them off himself to go the loo very easily, but they never fell off. But he has recently stopped wearing night nappies. :wine:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:34 pm

Soupdragon wrote:You an always pre-snap SS nappies, then just pull them on like normal underwear. ;)

Ooooo I didn't know that! That's a really good idea! Oz much prefers standing up and I've been struggling to do them up while he stands.

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:20 pm

I started with aplix first size as my first venture into cloth with my first baby 6 months ago, and they worked well but I now much prefer poppers, even though they looked daunting at first and even though my boy is an awful wriggler! :giggle: I avoid aplix now, but agree with what Tanya said. I also have found that aplix nappies and wraps age and they stick to everything, even with the laundry tabs/fold over tabs.
I tried a size 2 nappi nippa'd nappy recently and thought that was a good alternative to aplix for us! :wink:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Sounds like I should get a few more snap nappies to try. My BG's are aplix and they are starting to look ever so slightly worn already despite only being used 5-6 times each.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:29 pm

Emma1977 wrote:Sounds like I should get a few more snap nappies to try. My BG's are aplix and they are starting to look ever so slightly worn already despite only being used 5-6 times each.

BGs are about the worst nappies you can come across for looking worn very quickly. But I think that is more than offset by their incredible reliability.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:44 am

Poppe preferred here too. I hate the way applix gets snagged i the wash, and damages other washing as well. It also does wear out. Yes you get a slightly easier to put on napy. and a slightly more versatile fit, but I prefer nippas to applix, if it's fit you want

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat