hf1

minkee liners :(

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

minkee liners :(

Postby megansmummy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:13 pm

i have just bought 30! minkee liners from Weenotions and they are gorgeous (graipade minkee, lagoon minkee and aqua sea minkee) but i think kieren is reacting to them? He has a really red bum but its just in a line either side where his bum cheeks come together (sorry im crap at explaining) but i have noticed that the minkee liners dont keep him as dry as the fleece ones but i only had old pink fleece ones left from megan and chose to replace them with minkee :roll: He seemed fine with our minkee inner puddlekins though...

My question is...if he was reacting to the minkee would the whole of his bum be sore? im wondering wether its a reaction or teething poo thats causing it? It was actually blistered today from about an inch under his boy bits right round his bottom to the top of his 'crack' :oops: but only in a line each side...not the whole of his bottom?

sorry for the crap explanation...i have put him to bed tonight in a wnnn and a fleece liner and he is smothered in cream...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: minkee liners :(

Postby Annette » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:17 pm

I wouldn't have thought it would be the liners tbh - they are polyester like fleece so I would have thought he would react to fleece too. And like you say, I would expect his whole bottom to be sore :-? Hope it heals quickly and you get to the bottom of it (pardon the pun!)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:18 pm

Hmmm could it just be a coincidence?
Teething poos are dreadful for causing rashes :?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:26 pm

humm, we get on much better with minkee than fleece, is the red line perhaps where the edge of the liner is??

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:28 pm

pippa's been suffering with her teething recently and she's had a couple of lines of nappy rash just like you describe, one on each bum cheek and then two spots of nappy rash on her bum cheek and that's it, very odd but i've put it down to teething or the amount of oranges she's been eating. Pippa's has taken nearly a week and a half to clear this time and it's normally really quick to go, hope it's not the liners causing it
xx

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Iris has dreadful teething rash ATM - a bright red streak running from her girly bits all down her bottom towards her back. But nowhere else - nothing on her bum cheeks or anything. We use fleece and minkee liners, and always have done, so I know it's not a reaction to anything. Metanium is our fall-back cream for bad nappy rash. I think Iris' rash is exasperated by the fact that she's increasingly getting bladder control, so saves things up which means that when she pees it's more intense and more likely to affect her skin.

I'd say that unless his skin is more widely affected, it's probably coincidence.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Teething hun. The same thing happened to charlie for a couple of weeks before her first tooth came through, and shes had it for a week or so until yesterday, when her second tooth came through. It horrible, it looks sore, but she didnt seem to be bothered by it. I just made sure i gave her a bath without any bubbles etc in it every day, and put sudocrem on to keep a barrier against her skin, which helped a bit. I understand metanium can be good for this rash too, not tried it myself though. FC his tooth comes through soon!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:38 pm

Probably teeth. We have the same problem with Amber (although we rarely use liners), she gets a really bad rash when teething (which is constant at the mo :() sometimes red and sore looking other times is spotty :-? poor darlings :hug:

See how he is in the morning x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:50 am

Soupdragon wrote: a bright red streak running from her girly bits all down her bottom towards her back. But nowhere else - nothing on her bum cheeks or anything.

Thats exactly what kieren has...you described it better than me :giggle:

I did wonder about the teething poo, i was just confused as he already has two teeth and we got no rash or anything last time...

Hubby is going to asda at lunch so he is going to get some metanium...

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat