hf1

Newborn & nappy changes

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Newborn & nappy changes

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:47 pm

Our new addition hates having his nappy changed in the night, so he's going to bed with a small bamboo sandy's boosted with an ep hemp, a ME bamboo booster and topped with a minkee liner - this lasts him till the morning when he's more awake an tolerant of having a nappy change. During the night I only change him if he's poo'd, but I feel bad not changing him - which I know is stupid, whats the point in upsetting him for him to scream the house down & wake his big sister. So I'm just wondering if anyone elses lo's hated nightime nappy changes and if u found a solution to changing them without upsetting them?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Newborn & nappy changes

Postby flutterby » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:49 pm

I only changed Summer in the night if she'd pooed, you shouldn't feel guilty

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:52 pm

flutterby wrote:I only changed Summer in the night if she'd pooed, you shouldn't feel guilty

[ Mobile Post ] Image

WSS

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:58 pm

flutterby wrote:I only changed Summer in the night if she'd pooed, you shouldn't feel guilty

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Thx hun. I think I'm putting myself on an unnecessary guilt trip as I've been so busy during the day that time just flies and I've not been changing both lo's as regularly as I probably should. :oops:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Aww hun, it's not easy with 2 littlies, spesh when they are both in nappies, I found doing meals, feeds and changes in a rough routine worked, i'd plonk jak in the highchair with a meal/snack, feed Summer, change her, then Jak, and did it roughly 3.5hrly You'll find what works for you, squeeee so excited about having a nb again, and alittle nervous

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:04 pm

At night I fed all of mine half (one booby or half their formula), winded them, changed their nappy which woke them up that bit more and then fed them the 2nd half of their feed. But if your nappy combo is lasting the night and he isnt wet or uncomfortable, I would go without changing him (unless he has poo'd of course) and just make it easier on you both :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:07 pm

they just dont like it when they are newborn do they, izzy was the same :hug: :hug:
I did the same worrying too and still do :roll: she really doesnt like to be put down in the night after i have picked her up even now. I would just change if pooed

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:14 pm

I'm with the others and would just change if there was a poop no point in getting yourself s all in a pickle x

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:16 pm

Thanks everyone :)
Hanna - yeh thats roughly what we're doing. Things are going well considering it's only been 3 weeks and fortunately Lyra is responding well to all of the changes, and is more than happy to sit in her high chair with her cup of milk whilst mummy runs around like a head-less chicken!! Logan is a content NB, so that helps. I've been boosting both lo's nappies so they're comfortable for 3.5hrs, and obviously change sooner if poo'd. U'll be absolutely great with 3 hun, u're a natural mummy - I'll be coming to u for some tips when no3 is here :) x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat