hf1

Newborn & nappy changes

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Newborn & nappy changes

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:16 pm

I can't remember too well now, but I'm pretty sure I stopped changing through the night quite early on for this very reason. Kacie hated nappy changes, especially the night time ones, so I only did them when she'd pooed.
It must be hard with the two in nappies though, but don't feel bad, you're doing the best you can :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:49 am

flutterby wrote:I only changed Summer in the night if she'd pooed, you shouldn't feel guilty

WSS

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:46 am

eviesmummy wrote:At night I fed all of mine half (one booby or half their formula), winded them, changed their nappy which woke them up that bit more and then fed them the 2nd half of their feed. But if your nappy combo is lasting the night and he isnt wet or uncomfortable, I would go without changing him (unless he has poo'd of course) and just make it easier on you both :hug:

I fed mine both sides until they were sound asleep, and changed them when they were asleep! They never woke up when I did it like that, but unless they'd had a full feed (they usually dropped off when they were full - to sleep I mean!! LOL ) they would scream!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:42 am

i used to change, then feed. if u tried to half feed dawn she'd scream the house down :giggle: you could almost set your watch by her thou, 4hrs on the dot.
i used to change wet nappies, but i was new to cloth... and babies :hohoho:
number 2 would only get pooey ones changed in that situation. lots of boosting n fleece liners :)

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:45 am

We never changed in the middle of the night. And then before I knew it, he was sleeping through. There is really no difference, is there? Just because they wake up in the night doesn't mean that they need changing. You've got a night nappy that works so use it!

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby litlestar » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:15 pm

I used to do the half feed, change, then rest of feed but it disturbed him that much he wouldn't settle as easily after.
i now have pop-ins which will see him through the night and if he poops then i change he as he doesn't like his nappy dirty! :babyrolleyes:

luckily after a feed he settles right down to sleep again - he's really quiet content! :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:22 pm

I changed Charlotte in the night for months, it wasn't difficult. But then with Ben it was sooooo much harder that as soon as I could I stopped changing him, like you say unless he pooed which was rare.

Don't feel guilty about it, no point upsetting him

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:22 am

Catrin's a day older than Logan, she sleeps from 11pm until anywhere between 7-8am so she's not changed overnight so I wouldn't worry :hug:

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Tara84 wrote:Catrin's a day older than Logan, she sleeps from 11pm until anywhere between 7-8am so she's not changed overnight so I wouldn't worry :hug:

Oh wow, I think I've forgotten what sleep is lol. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat