Another leak.....

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Another leak.....

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:36 pm

:x :x :x :x
Still trying to figure out what nappy suits best.
Only ones that work are Real Easy nappies and Bumgenius V3 and the Pop-In.
Hate the fact having so many nappies and all are leaking because of the fit I guess.
Just not happy and hoping I will sell the not working for us ones fast.
I keep on washing because everything getting wet all the time, but hey I just adore the real nappies much more so will keep on going but sometimes ......... :x :x :x

Sorry for complaining :oops:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Another leak.....

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:53 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Has she changed shape?

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:55 pm

No we just start using real nappies a month ago.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:01 pm

i'm sure you will find some more that work quite soon :hug:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:11 pm

:hug: having the same problem with Max. The only ones that seem to be working better now are his BGs after I started adding the newborn insert in with the larger mf one.

His grandparents seem reluctant to trust his cloth nappies and these are the only ones they will use with any degree of confidence. I have 9 and was hoping to use his other nappies as well so that these don't start looking worn too soon as BGs are prone to do.

Have bought some ittis and waiting for them to arrive. :widesmile:
Like you I'm sticking with cloth as Max has only been in them for about 3 weeks but I refuse to go back to sposies.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Emma1977 wrote::hug: having the same problem with Max. The only ones that seem to be working better now are his BGs after I started adding the newborn insert in with the larger mf one.

His grandparents seem reluctant to trust his cloth nappies and these are the only ones they will use with any degree of confidence. I have 9 and was hoping to use his other nappies as well so that these don't start looking worn too soon as BGs are prone to do.

Have bought some ittis and waiting for them to arrive. :widesmile:
Like you I'm sticking with cloth as Max has only been in them for about 3 weeks but I refuse to go back to sposies.

We will make it, but it's a tough journey.....

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Have you tried out any fitted nappies and wraps yet? I've got a few flexi-tots, sandys and MEOS that I bought way back before Max was born. They're def more fiddly but the few times I've used them I've had no leaks. I tend to use them when I'm at home with him so his pockets get a breather. They're pretty boring and white but then he's not on show at home and they fit well under his clothes.

What shape is your lo? Max is pretty long and skinny so I find applix works better with him than front snaps at the mo - I can get a better fit. His sandys and ME wrap are side-snaps and they give him a snug fit also so I'm thinking this is the way to go with him.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Well I just can't get used to the wrapthing I guess, tried a few and a few times but everytime there's a leak.
Emi is a tall girl with normal/skinny legs, don't have another to compare with but I guess she's tall with thin legs ;)
Bumgenius I use with both boosters and that is great for 3 hours, so is Real Easy nappie.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:40 pm

:oops: just seen your other night nappy thread and that you've tried wraps and fitteds.

Other pockets that I've got and are trying at the mo are lollipop pop-n-gro (come with an mf and bamboo insert which both together make the nappy quite bulky but more absorbent + need a lot of washes before they perform at their best), swaddlebees eco-nappi and tots bots easyfits (had a few leaks with these but they're bamboo so again I think they need washing more).

Have you looked at coolababys? They're a pocket nappy and at only £5.50 a nappy they're a great price and they seem to be quite popular too.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat