hf1

taking my nappies on holiday!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

taking my nappies on holiday!

Postby rhead » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:23 am

I've always just used 'sposies before, we only go away once a year and it's usually only for 5 days (2 days traveling and 3 days there, very awkward :-?) but this year we'll be at MIL's for 10 days :happysanta:. I was sort of waffling about it and I mentioned it to DH and he said "yeaaaah, bring 'em!" :widesmile: Much happier about bringing my lovely fluff, and I should just have time to wash and dry 2 loads and come home with a full nappy bucket. Think I'm going to bring 12 WN pockets (and a few spare inserts as the pockets will dry fastest), 5 night-worthy nappies (but not my bulky slow-drying Bedbugs), and 4 or 5 other fitteds - MIL doesn't have a dryer so I figure I need to be able to go about 5 days.

:merryxmas:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: taking my nappies on holiday!

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:36 am

We took ours away to Australia with us - they nearly took up a whole case :giggle: But it was so worth it. We were lucky though because we had access to a dryer to I just washed a dried everyday.

Have a great holiday

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:38 am

:wine:

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:48 am

We took our nappies when we went to Turkey for HT. Just took 6 pockets with 8-9 inserts and used sposies at night :oops: I gave everything a strip wash before we left and did the same when we got back, cos i was handwashing the nappies on hol with olive oil soap and hanging over the balcony to dry, not ideal but better than using disp for 2 wks :shock:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:51 am

putting dawn in sposies on holiday stopped my fluff. she refused cloth after that. screamed the house down :(

have a nice holiday thou :yahoo:

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:35 am

:happypixies: :happypixies: fantastic! I always took mine back to the UK when we went (but always stayed a decent time!) I'm being naughty and bought a pack of sposies for our big road trip, just not worth the hassle in this heat just for night nappies! He is in one tonight and let me put it on before he went to bed :x :cry:

:happypixies: :happypixies: :happysanta: :happysanta: :happypixies: :happypixies:

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:36 am

aww yay! Hope you have a lovely holiday :babyroll:

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:57 am

You are brave! But then again its not like being in a hotel.... We went camping in the summer and i couldnt do it so i bought those eco disposables.... :-(

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:19 pm

we havint been on hol since alister has been boyrn but i cant wait next year when we take our fluff away with us :D :happypixies:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat