hf1

If your LO sleeps in woolies & a t-shirt (or 2-piece PJs)...

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

If your LO sleeps in woolies & a t-shirt (or 2-piece PJs)...

Postby rhead » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:47 pm

what do you do about the gap between the shirt and trousers? We don't use sleeping bags and I don't think Lili would like being stuffed into one now, she's a bit of a wriggler. I'm liking our longies at night, but she inevitably kicks off her blanket at some point in the night and her shirt rides up and she winds up with a freezing strip across her back (it's pretty cold in our room!). She always wakes up at least once in the night (sometimes several times), and I while it's certainly not the only factor I think at least sometimes it's because she's gotten so cold. :( I can't tuck a long shirt into her woolies :giggle:, but can't think of anything else I could do either, except maybe put her in a super-huge (ie long) shirt with the sleeves rolled up?

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: If your LO sleeps in woolies & a t-shirt (or 2-piece PJs)...

Postby freckle » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:49 pm

Could you buy her nighties to go with her longies?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 pm

That's kind of what I was thinking - I do have some but they're summer ones! I can just picture the look on DH's face, he thinks she looks silly enough in woolies as is :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:55 pm

Oz wears two tops at night as we don't have the heating on (a lot of his do have sleeves rolled up as their Zach's old ones!) so you could put a long top under the nightie? That should make your OH even more pleased with the outfit! :giggle:

Would be interested to hear any other ideas too though as I think Oz sometimes ends up in the same situation.

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:57 pm

How about the superman look, underpants on the outside, and fasten a vest with poppers on top of her longies, but buy one big enough that it is not too tigh. Wouldn't look great but it would do the job...I think :giggle:

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 pm

I put poppered vests on the boys and let them hang outside the longies. They seem to come down far enought to cover any midrift. Lottie either does the same or she wears a nightie over the top of her longies.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:05 pm

At the mo I use our poppered vests, but leave it unfastened and untucked so they hang over the top of the woolies, IYSWIM. We do use a sleeping bag though, but I don't think it is any better than using blankets and like you say about Lili I think Kacie's starting to get frustrated with not being able to wriggle :roll: so I'm not going to buy anymore once she grows out of them.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:36 pm

Cambridge baby do merino vests so they could go under the longies. We used to use one with ds , until I shrank it :( . Not cheap though, we only had one we were given

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:32 am

We use soakers at night at the mo and a fleece sleepsuit :) the fleece is stay dry anyway so double whammy :) x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat