She's outpeeing everything

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

She's outpeeing everything

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Iris' wetting habits are getting beyond a joke now. This evening she was changed into a (all OBV!) Guerilla Fluff at 6 pm. She went for an early bath a little after 6.30 pm after DH complained of a wet leg while she sat with him reading a story. The nappy was absolutely sodden to the tabs and her soaker dripping wet. No amount of creative folding seems to make much difference; I'm having to boost. But even then I can't get a nappy to go beyond 3 hours. I think it's worse because it's winter and we're probably getting more compression wicking issues with vests. I'm toying with the idea of making and lanolising some interlock vests for her, but I'm not sure how they'd work under t-shirts and jumpers ... I don't like her getting a cold back, so prefer her to be in popper vests ATM. I'm thinking if I make some extra long, non-popper vests from interlock I can tuck them in to her longies. That way no cold back. But would it work? She needs to be in wool, rather than proper clothes. But I need the wool to be warm enough ... What to do?! :x

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: She's outpeeing everything

Postby Pinchette » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:57 pm

You can buy/make(?) vest extenders. They're just basically a rectangle with poppers on both side and it enables the vest to last a bit longer.
With Kiara she used to go through periods of peeing rivers and then would settle back to "normal". I just changed her more often and boosted more at night.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:02 pm

just a thought but have u tried crochet soakers and longies? i find them much thicker and they work better for us, i can even get a vest on taliesin for over night, something i haven't done in ages! you prob already tried it, but thought it worth a mention hun

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:12 pm

I do have some vest extenders, but she mainly wears C4C vests, so they're longer than normal vests anyway.

We do have some crotched shorties, and I didn't notice any difference when she wears those ...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Interlock vests are a fab idea... I to worry about kieren being cold...its been freezing here today and so i put him in pockets just so that i could do him up in a long sleeved vest and t-shirt... He had longies over the top tho! :giggle:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:23 pm

oh. was just a thought, ours are really thick as i made em, i know fleece soakers don't work for us but we have had some joy with a crochet soaker and some flongies with the extra bit in that looks like pants. are u having no joy with the puddlekins soakers? we have found them really good and i'm very pleased with them, folded in half we can make a night nappy out of anything! that's the zorb bost ones. sure u said u had some extra boosters though from ems. have u tried that whole weighing nappy thing too to see what u need booster wise? i did see a post about it recently, knowing my luck it was u though. :-?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:27 pm

Gracie always wears non poppered vests and is never cold, I just tuck them into what ever she is wearing xx

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:36 pm

http://mynerva.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

I've been toying with the idea of a merino vest from here, but we don't really struggle as Miss C stays so still in her sleep that blankets stay on - complete shock after the wriggler DS was.

Also, the lady that owns it offered free post for CNT - can't remember what you had to put in at the checkout - probably Cloth Nappy Tree?

They're not cheap, but I didn't think they were outrageous - especially given you would treat them like longies, so wouldn't need tons of them, maybe 2 or 3.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Aaargh that must be SO frustrating!! Do you think she's developing bladder control and flooding?
Does she drink much?
And I take it they don't need stripping? :?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat