hf1

She's outpeeing everything

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: She's outpeeing everything

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:48 pm

The freebie zorb boosters we got are currently being used to boost night nappies. They seem great, but I have a huuuuuge amount of boosters, so can't justify buying more. And they're needed more in night nappies. I did weigh one of Iris' night nappies recently. :oops: :giggle: And she pees a lot. She drinks about 1.5 litres during the day (I've just worked out!), so it's a fair amount for one so tiny. And skinny (that's half the problem - too skinny to boost without leg gape).

I have a couple of metres of interlock, so I think I'll make something like those vests. I'll try tucking a regular cotton vest into her longies in the meantime. But I'm not sure a) it'll stay there and b) it won't end up soaked.

Steph - stripping was the first thing I tried. That's why I did stash pics recently; I'd been on a stripping mission. I think you're right about her flooding her nappies, though. I'm just not sure she's ready for potty training. She knows when she's poo'd - if I ask her, she'll run to the bottom of the stairs waiting to go up and be changed. But she certainly doesn't have the language to tell me that she needs to wee/poo. I know I need to buy a potty and try familiarising her with the idea of life beyond nappies ... :shock: Nooooooo!!! I'm just not sure she's quite ready for it.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:03 am

Bella was doing that a few months ago, I even put a post remarkably similar to yours up.

Unfortunately, I can't really offer a solution. I pretty much have to boost everything to make it last over 90 minutes :(

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:54 pm

1.5 litres a day :shock: ? What goes in must come out... mine don't drink anything like that much, guess that's why neither was a heavy wetter! If it's a big problem, which it seems to be, I'd try to cut down a bit on what she's drinking - surely she could have a bit less and still be getting enough fluids?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Is that too much then? I have no idea. :oops: She has a cup of milk on waking (both first thing and after her afternoon nap) and before bed; they're 300 ml each. Then she has a Tommee Tippee cup (200ml) of water with each meal. I've not counted the toppings up - she can often drain a cup of water with a meal and want more. She only drinks milk and water, never juice or anything. That's why I don't like restricting fluids. She can't be drinking just because she likes the taste ... :-? Well, possibly the milk, I suppose. She's definitely a milk monster. :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:01 pm

That is a fair amount to drink.
Gracie has about 8oz of milk in a cup in the morning and then we make up a cup of very dilute juice or water and that will usually last her all day, then she has 8oz of milk before bed. Sometime but very rarely does she drink more than one cup of juice/water a day.
Her Dreamscape was soaked through this morning, her soaker (interlock) was damp and he pj's were wet at the front but I out that down to her being a tummy sleeper often with her bum in the air :roll:

I do love the look of those vests and long john though

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:12 pm

It's probably perfectly healthy - I know I should drink loads more than I do, and my kids probably should too :oops:. Lili's still :bf: on demand, but I don't imagine she's getting a huge amount from me these days, and apart from that I really have no idea how much she drinks in a day - I give her diluted juice or water (or tea when she insists, thank you very much Nanna :roll:) when she asks for a drink, but she rarely drinks a cupful all in one go (unless I give her a straw, in which case she usually wants 2 refills, or occasionally with the tea!).

Maybe you could try reducing the amount you give her each time, and see if that makes a difference? Of course if she drinks it all and asks for more you don't have to refuse her, but you may find she's just in the habit of finishing whatever she's given.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Also you could try giving water after meals instead of with - I find that Isabelle tends to 'swill' her food down with water rather than eat properly if she has a drink with meals instead of drinking through genuine thirst...

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Iris is an absolute madam with a straw. One of the few occasions I have stopped her drinking was when DH gave her a pint glass full of water with a straw in; she downed half a pint quite happily and would have kept going if I'd not stepped in. :shock:

Still, seems she drinks a lot. Hmmmmm. At least now she's self-weaned from BF, it is easier to monitor the amount she drinks. It could be that she finishes drinks out of habit. I don't think she uses water to wash food down when she's eating; she seems to eat a good few mouthfuls, then need a drink and has a good swig before eating again. I guess I'll pay more attention to what she's drinking and how/when though. I'm just conscious that if we do move to warmer climes, I don't want her to be in the habit of restricting her fluid intake.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:57 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Also you could try giving water after meals instead of with - I find that Isabelle tends to 'swill' her food down with water rather than eat properly if she has a drink with meals instead of drinking through genuine thirst...

We do that as well, Kieran and Anna will happily glug their drink and then be too full to eat so they aren't allowed to now.

Nicola, Kieran was always a massive drinker when her was younger as well and used to wee buckets! Gracie doesn't drink that much at all but has started to wee a lot more at night!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat