hf1

cloth nappy agents in Oxford

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

cloth nappy agents in Oxford

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:36 am

I have clearly communicated my passion for cute cloth to my NCT class and now people are emailing me to talk nappies :oops: :lol:

I always send out links to people with sellers sites and also some of the obvious big retailers if they need/want advice as well as a link to easypeasynappies as they are just down the road (almost zero nappy miles :D ) but some people who've already had their babies are keen on demonstrations in the home, can anyone recommend anyone?

I think Cottontails is based in Oxford and does but its all MEOS and Lollipop seems to be quite expensive to me with a limited range but I will pass all their details on. If anyone knows anyone who does home demo's seller or not, then I can pass their details on. I have showed my stash to one person but I think an experienced demonstrator would be a good thing.

I know babykind have agents too. I do recommend wahms but its often quite confusing for people until they have got their heads around the basics. There is nothing like Puddlepants or Wee notions to make people sit up and look if they are susceptible to cute!

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:39 am

Plushpants is located in Little Wittenham (just south of Oxford), and you know about EasyPeasy in Kidlington. Maybe try calling Christine at Plushpants to see if she's able to do one, or knows of someone local who will. Agents actually in Oxford who do in home demos I'm not sure about.

Otherwise my nappy collection is pretty boring. I've got Beehinds, homemades, and nature babies mostly, and pretty much exclusively airflow covers. So not much help there!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:33 pm

well done for spreading the cloth word - you have done more than me :oops: no idea who to recommend though!

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:50 pm

I had no idea that Plushpants was so close, I will suggest them. I think in a sense when people are just getting interested they want functional, the person in question has seen BG's and I am sure would be happy to go with them I just wanted to make sure she got a choice that would work for them and hopefully help them get on with cloth.

Are you in Oxford then?

Annette, I am just one of those opinionated people that likes to talk! therefore chatted away quite happily in our NCT class. I show everyone the nappies becuase they are so cute, not sure if I have actually converted anyone yet!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:32 pm

clothpenguin wrote:Annette, I am just one of those opinionated people that likes to talk! therefore chatted away quite happily in our NCT class. I show everyone the nappies becuase they are so cute, not sure if I have actually converted anyone yet!

I think I helped people consider it at antenatal classes as they said they didn't have a drier so couldn't do it, so I told them I didn't and it didn't matter, same with Robert telling them disps stink as he was the one throwing them away into the wheelie bin and cloth didn't stink.

Perhaps I should try and get out there more - am considering trying to become a rep but don't know if I want to be linked to one company when I like a variety and not every company sells everything I love.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:27 pm

I think if you were like a babykind type agent (or even lollipop who do have a bigger range than I thought) you'd get a good range but could still recommend nappies that are not sold by your company! Might not make you alot of money!

Go for it :D

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:05 am

yep, I'm in Oxford. My nappy collection pretty much got started with 4 micro diddies I won from Plushpants at a nappy fair they had a couple of years ago. Now it's taking over the house and I desperately need to offload some LOL.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:29 pm

He he, I love the idea of nappies colonising your life over two years... sounds like you need pest control measures of some sort! (only they are not pests) and to think, it all started with four innocent little micro diddy's....

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:37 pm

just you wait patience! it will happen to you too!! especially if the beans are girls (or one of them!) there are far more nappies for girls than boys!

I was always quite reserved when buying for Lucas! but the girls have had more different types of nappies than Lucas already! They are everywhere in the house!

jan x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat