hf1

Liners and nappy rash

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Liners and nappy rash

Postby LilMrsAverage » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:18 am

-What have you found to be the best nappy liners?

We don't normally use them but as DS is having such a rough 'poo' time with his teething we are - but he has horrible nappy rash and I think the liners could be contributing as its not going as quickly as last time!

Any suggestions
:merryxmas:

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Liners and nappy rash

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:12 am

WE use a combination of fleece or minkee liners on Aoife....when teething (like she is now) I find that lots of bare bum time helps clear the rash and using plain boiled water to clean her with...hth :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:50 am

We use mainly minkee liners but occasionally fleec, but I do think the fleece gives her redness.
Try giving your liners a good strip wash as you could have build up from creams, or bin them and make some more, you can get some really cheap fleece scarves this time of year, just cut them to size and taa daaa liners :wink:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:08 am

im a bad girl, i use one life paper liners as the poo dans doing lately is toxic and there is no way i'm scraping that off! there nice and soft though, not scratchy like some and they just flush away. Simples :giggle:
ETA oops, meant to say that dan reacts to fleece and he gets a sore bum and willy :oops:

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:54 am

i second one life for toxic poo but use fleece any other time
sarah

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Fleece and minkee here too. Though we washed DDs bum (in bath) 3 times a day when she was cutting 2 teeth the other week. Worked wonders. We put in 2 drops of tea tree oil, a tsp of olive oil (to act as the carrier) and 2 chamomile tea bags. air/dab dry :)

hth xx

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:33 pm

Have to admit to being a paper liner girl as well.

Fleece liners always bring Freya up in a rash :-?

Second plain water when nappy changing with sore bums though :happypixies:

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:38 pm

we use silver liners - they have natural healing properties - plasters have silver in now too - they are £2 each (have some instock). Choose collection of free postage as they weigh nothing to post. Also have fleece liners but for healing silver is best.

Vickix

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat