nappy liners/staydry inners

My avatar
purplehearts
Clothie
Clothie

nappy liners/staydry inners

Postby purplehearts » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:18 am

Hia
I have a baby due in March who I will be breastfeeding. I have bought a selection of newborn nappies, mainly fitteds, but a few pockets too. Some of the fitteds, and all the pockets have fleece inners.
I would like to avoid staining if possible, so was planning on using fleece liners - I also like that they keep baby's skin dry. I've heard that you shouldn't use two liners together, or if stuffing a nappy you should make sure there aren't two layers of fleece together, as if you have two layers together the nappy starts repelling liquid rather than absorbing.
Does this mean I can't use nappy liners with nappies that have a fleece/suedecloth/staydry inner?
I haven't had this issue with my son as I started late with cloth and his poo has always been solid and easy to dispose of!
Thanks ladies X

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: nappy liners/staydry inners

Postby clairelou88 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:46 am

ive always used liners with my nappies, fleece on fleeceand fleece on suede cloth not had any problems, you could always use disposable liners,i usually have to double them up though as the poo sometimes leaks through :roll: !

My avatar
purplehearts
Clothie
Clothie

Postby purplehearts » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:43 am

Yeah that's why I thought fleece would be better, as I remember what that BF poo is like and I can't see any disposable liner containing it!
Although the same place I read that you shouldn't use two fleece liners together, also said you shouldn't use a disposable liner and a fleece liner together for the same reason? But maybe this is just bad advice as many ladies clear do so with no probs - guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet!
Thanks!

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:58 am

I had heard that about 2 x fleece liners toegther, but having never tried it I am not sure.... I dont think i will be lining my stay dry inner nappies though, i find a good wash and sunshine gets most stains out. HTH

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:48 pm

I'd heard that as well but have done it many times with no problems.

Cathleen xx

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:44 pm

I use fleece on fleece with no problems at all. I use fleece liners in all my nappies.

My avatar
purplehearts
Clothie
Clothie

Postby purplehearts » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:34 am

Thanks for the advice ladies :)
For baba no 3, I have fitteds to start, then pockets. I think I'll use fleece liners with the fitteds and then hopefully, with the pockets I'll go linerless as I too find when they get a bit older then poo stains are normally pretty easy to get out X

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat