hf1

HUGE nappies for toddlers

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

HUGE nappies for toddlers

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:57 pm

Okay so I'm looking at bigger nappies and wondered if those with older kids had tried any of the following... Or if anyone had any thoughts...

I honestly don't know how much Isabelle weighs... she's not skinny but not plump - has always seemed to need a high rise nappy tho' so perhaps she has a big bum... ;)
She's probably approaching 30lbs but couldn't say for sure... (still only size 4 feet though!)

The ella's house bum hugger is a more generous size in the large than most other brands - they go up to 40lbs (and I have an EH large print which fits brilliantly) so am thinking of trying one for night times...

I'm also looking at the easypeasy bumper which does say from 35lbs but even with no insert my bambeasys aren't really fitting well on her anymore! (could be because the bamboo shrinks?) so am not sure if it'd be too big or ideal for a night nappy...

I'm also waiting on weenotions getting more bamboo but am branching out...

Tonight's nappy combo was equally weird - bambeasy no insert, wham insert outside that, EH print nappy over the top, and then weenotions 3layers of bamboo 3layers of hemp fleece insert between that and the fleece wrap with wool over the top... Not as HUGE as last night but a bit faffy...

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:09 pm

My biggest nappies (apart from the boring tots I tried for Harry!) are large Puddlepants Weedies and a Kaypee nappy from nappydashery.co.uk

The puddlepants has a cotton fleece inner and a big pocket you can stuff with LOADS. Both have a high rise.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Ooooh I needed an excuse to get a puddlepants!!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:26 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Ooooh I needed an excuse to get a puddlepants!!

I'm glad I could help then!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:37 pm

Yay have ordered one!!

Will need more than 1 night nappy tho' and am still tempted by either the bumhugger or the bumper...

Also waiting for Stacey's Jumblebums to open again! I can imagine she's going to be swamped when she opens on the 19th!!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:43 pm

What pattern did you get? I was going to get another last week, but couldn't really decide on the fabric.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:53 pm

I never liked the fit of a bumhugger!

babeco nappies come up big! their medium (15-30 lbs) still fits Lucas well and the large (30lbs+) was far too big so I sold it!

I believe (not had one myself though!) that the bumpers are a nice big night nappy! have hear a few good things about them!

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:56 pm

babyroo wrote:What pattern did you get? I was going to get another last week, but couldn't really decide on the fabric.

Well I almost couldn't decide - and as I want poppers (or nippa) I was kinda limited soooo I went with the rose pink toile...

I REALLY wanted the peach rosebuds one as it's SO pretty but they have NONE! oh well...

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:05 pm

That was the one I nearly got. Lucky you!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat