hf1

Help me decide, pleeeeease :-)

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Help me decide, pleeeeease :-)

Postby indigosky2k » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:20 pm

Right we're going to some friends for Christmas tomorrow and staying for a week. I'm really struggling to decide which and what nappies to take. Firstly they don't really know I use cloth, so I'm worried how D will react when I ask to use her washer for them, they actually seem to have completely opposite parentng techniquesto us :-?
I have more than enough nappies to take and not need to wash :oops: :giggle: but don't want to be sharing a room with and traveling back with a weeks worth of dirty nappies :-?
So here's my dilema how many should I take so I only have to wash the once and which should I take? I'm toying with taking all my Itti's which would give me 3-3.5 days depending on if I could get away with just some insert changes. But I want to take some woolies and fitteds too, partly because Kacie will grow out of a lot of these soon and partly because one of her Christmas presents is the ABK/Knitterarty colab with skirtie and longies :widesmile:
So any ideas and experiences would be greatly appreciated, thanks girls :loveit:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Help me decide, pleeeeease :-)

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:55 pm

take a little selection of each. That's what I would do. My stash is so tiny that I'm going to be taking the lot to Mums for xmas lol!! Mum has a tumble dryer so I'm going to take more than I need to they can be fluffed up a bit :hohoho:
I'd maybe mention the cloth thing to them, see if they're ok with you using the washer. I know a lot of non-clothies are funny about poo in the machine etc :roll:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:58 pm

Do you have many pocket? I took pockets away because they dry much quicker. If you only take fitteds the drying time may mean that you aren't there long enough to wait for them to dry. ( :hohoho: just read that back and it doesn't make much sense)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:30 pm

You can wash them at mine :) Take the ones with all the pretty embroidery so i can drool at them!!

If you have any larges you are thinking of parting with, bring them lol :hohoho:

Hope you have a safe journey tomorrow! x

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Can you take the ittis but just wear the wool over the top so they get used too?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:41 pm

I wold take a mix of pockets and fitteds that's what I did on holiday in the summer. xx

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:52 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:take a little selection of each. That's what I would do. My stash is so tiny that I'm going to be taking the lot to Mums for xmas lol!! Mum has a tumble dryer so I'm going to take more than I need to they can be fluffed up a bit :hohoho:
I'd maybe mention the cloth thing to them, see if they're ok with you using the washer. I know a lot of non-clothies are funny about poo in the machine etc :roll:

:shock: :shock: :shock: So what do they do when their LO sposie leaks poo into their clothes - throw them away? :giggle:

I'd take the quickest drying stuff with you; oh, and the prettiest :wink: :happypixies:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:27 pm

i'd mention that you use cloth first as so many people are weird about it but if they said no i would take enough for a weeks worth and just wash then whe you get back

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:27 pm

:gaah: this isn't helping :giggle: I should have done a poll :roll: :giggle: See part of me wants to take a weeks worth as that would be all my prettiest nappies :wink: but that's a case full of nappies to travel on the train with and DH complains enough about the amount of luggage we need :-? :roll:
I think I'm going to go with half my Itti's and all the inserts, my prettiest pockets and all my inserts for them and my small fitteds. This will probably keep the amount to a minimum too. Kacie can always wear her woolies over anything too, as somebody mentioned :wink:
Shaunie wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote:take a little selection of each. That's what I would do. My stash is so tiny that I'm going to be taking the lot to Mums for xmas lol!! Mum has a tumble dryer so I'm going to take more than I need to they can be fluffed up a bit :hohoho:

:shock: :shock: :shock: So what do they do when their LO sposie leaks poo into their clothes - throw them away? :giggle:

I'd take the quickest drying stuff with you; oh, and the prettiest :wink: :happypixies:

I always wonder the same thing :-? I'm still undecided as to mentioning it and as Sarah has kindly offered :wink: I know I wouldn't be stuck :wink: :happysanta: hmmmmm and I could always say I won't wash the pooey ones, rinse them and bring them home :wink:
Thanks girls I really should be packing shouldn't I and not lurking here :oops: :giggle:
:merryxmas:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat