hf1

Help me decide, pleeeeease :-)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Help me decide, pleeeeease :-)

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:40 pm

Definately ask before you go as you don't want to get there and have cloth waiting a week to be washed...

I'm taking mainly pockets to my parents as I'm a tumble-drier snob (my mum doesn't have one and has hard water too) and we're going for about 5days and pockets dry quicker I think...
I'm also taking my own washing detergent as my mum uses soap nuts or ecover neither of which personally I find any good for nappies...

I'm taking flongies too and possibly some wool for warmth mainly...

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:44 pm

I'd definitely mention it, as several days worth of used nappies could honk with the central heating on full whack. You could say that you've made arrangements to wash them at a friend's house, and they might offer to let you use their machine.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Frances wrote:I'd definitely mention it, as several days worth of used nappies could honk with the central heating on full whack. You could say that you've made arrangements to wash them at a friend's house, and they might offer to let you use their machine.

Thanks for that suggestion Frances I might go with that :) We have been to see these friends for a day when Kacie was about 8 weeks old and someone there noticed she was in cloth, but I'm unsure as to whether D & D will remember it :-? It wouldn't stop them having us or us going, I'd just handwash like Sara (littlesez) did when she went to Norfolk. And the fact I can say I do have an option for taking them to be washed will mean it's not really a problem anyways.
Oh and I just spoke to DH and he's happy with the case full of nappies :shock: :wine: and also suggested the same, that I take the prettiest nappies that I want to show off :wine: :wine: Sometimes he really surprises me :giggle:
It's just so hard deciding which are the prettiest, serves me right for having so damn many :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Shaunie wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote:take a little selection of each. That's what I would do. My stash is so tiny that I'm going to be taking the lot to Mums for xmas lol!! Mum has a tumble dryer so I'm going to take more than I need to they can be fluffed up a bit :hohoho:
I'd maybe mention the cloth thing to them, see if they're ok with you using the washer. I know a lot of non-clothies are funny about poo in the machine etc :roll:

:shock: :shock: :shock: So what do they do when their LO sposie leaks poo into their clothes - throw them away? :giggle:

I'd take the quickest drying stuff with you; oh, and the prettiest :wink: :happypixies:

i have been guilty of throwing pooey vests away before. :oops: however they aren't designed to not stain IMO and when washed i still struggle to get poo stains out of vests :babyrolleyes:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat