Diddy Diapers and Little Lambs

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Diddy Diapers and Little Lambs

Postby Amanda » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Hi all,

I've just received my first bit of newborn fluff, a diddy diaper. Which looks and feels lovely, just hope it does the job! Any thoughts on them?

Also I was looking at little lambs at a nappucino last week and thought they might be a good newborn option too. I noticed Shevi mentioned them as a favourite nappy on another thread, any other fans?

I've always found ME Rikkis to be really reliable wraps, and figured I'd use them this time around, although I only have size Ms so will have to do some wrap shopping too :D . Any other wrap suggestions?

Sorry, will be boring you all silly asking about newborn nappies over the next few weeks :oops:

Amanda x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:53 pm

I kinda liked the diddy diapers for the girls, they fitted well for a while!

little lambs are good too! although my personal faves were motherease sandys! and they do bamboo sandys now :lol: (wish they had when the girls were small!!!)

nature babies wraps are nice, not quite as reliable as the ME wraps but much cuter! and wee notions of course! :wink:

jan x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:55 pm

Little lambs are what we used from birth - 8 months. We used the cotton ones, but have also tried the baboo ones. I can't really fault them, but found them a little boring white. Due to the way they are stitched together, they did take quite a while to dry around the elastic, but nothing else I can say bad about them. Personally prefer them to tots.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:56 pm

Nappyjan wrote:I kinda liked the diddy diapers for the girls, they fitted well for a while!

That's why I don't want to spend too much, especially as I've been told to expect a big baby :roll: , so am just buying one of each of a few things. Have got some MEOS as well, so technically could use them from early on, but I still find them wide in the crotch for Connor so can't imagine how bulky they'd be on a newborn!

Amanda x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:21 pm

don't like MEOS at all!!

they were a good fit on Lucas for about a month! when he was about 10 months old!! before that they swamped him, and after that they were too short in the rise!

the diddys stretch well around the waist due to the long wings! but became short in the rise before they were outgrown if you see what I mean??

jan x

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruby » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:28 pm

Little lambs and diddy diapers were the mainstay of my newborn stash - had no problems with either. Also had a few kissaluv size 0, but Matthew outgrew them really quickly, plus doing the poppers was a bit of a faff - very cute looking tho'!
Oh and for nights I used Bimble size 1 with a small ella house insert - very reliable!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:30 pm

I liked diddys on Zac but they only fitted until he was 10 weeks old. As Jan says too short in the rise but lots left in the waist. He was 8lb 13oz at birth.

Motherease Sandy's are fab though. Fitted at birth and still fit now at 8 months. The only size ones that do. Plus they contain everything really well. Just so boring though.

I didn't use MEOS on Zac until about 4 months. They are so wide between the legs on little ones. We used folded down bumbles very successfully from birth though.

From about six weeks the size 1 bimbles became my favourite along with the medium swaddlebees and medium ME airflows.

We had small rikkis and 1 airflow. Would have preferred all airflows but they only fitted for 4 weeks so it wasn't too bad.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:38 am

Diddys are a lovely quick dry option, but now I like Loveables even better. they are the same, but made with a pocket between the outer fabric and the fleece inner, with a removeable soaker pad, so even quicker drying, and some lovely fleece prints, so more interesting.
I also aways go for Popolino rather than Motherease. Popolino have the licence from Motherease to produce their nappies and wraps in Europe, so they're a little bit cheaper, but identical. They also have a budget option in the wraps, called the Bravo, in addition to the original one. These are the same quality PUL, but the outside isn't quite so soft.
I'm an independent advisor now, and would certainly recommend Popolino over Motherease, just for the saving on transport environmentally, let alone for the slightly cheaper cost.

My avatar
chocolatebrownie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatebrownie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:46 am

i really like little lamb bamboo.but they didtake a while to dry, which wasn't that great with little babies.

i was getting fine with mother ease. although i did find them a bit wide in the crotch so bunched up around his chubby thighs. however i have worked out that he's allergic to the nappies and wraps. so they're no use now.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat