hf1

What would be less minging?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

What would be less minging?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:37 pm

We're all heading off for a few days away tomorrow morning, and won;t be back until saturday or sunday. I've washed all the nappies apart from the ones they are wearing tonight.

What would be less minging, to leave them in a bucket until the weekend. Or wash them and leave them wet in the machine?

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What would be less minging?

Postby juboo752 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:52 pm

I think i'd wash them :-? Just in case they went mouldy in the bucket, suppose they may still go mouldy in the machine but at least they would be clean iyswim :oops:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:58 pm

eek, could you thoroughly rinse and then air, making sure you remember to wash when you get back

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:00 pm

I'd be tempted to put them on for a quick wash/mini load (assuming they're not pooey), hang to dry while you're away, then put them in for a proper wash with the next load of nappies when you get home.

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:04 pm

I'd prob wash and leave them wet in the machine if you can't set them out to dry. Wouldn't leave them dirty for more than a couple of days though.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:10 pm

Frances wrote:I'd be tempted to put them on for a quick wash/mini load (assuming they're not pooey), hang to dry while you're away, then put them in for a proper wash with the next load of nappies when you get home.

Oooh I think I like this idea the best! If I take them off as soon as we get up, and do a quick wash. I just don't fancy the idea of leaving them in machine and that going stinky too. And the plan is to be out of the house QUICK smart in the morning.... yeah right!

Thanks laydees

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Exact same thing happening here. What we're going to do is: do a rinse of the nappies, then fill up the load with all his dirty clothes and bibs and then do a regular wash. Leave hanging up to dry while we go.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Frances wrote:I'd be tempted to put them on for a quick wash/mini load (assuming they're not pooey), hang to dry while you're away, then put them in for a proper wash with the next load of nappies when you get home.

Was going to say the exact same, a couple of itt's got mildew on them when I was away and DH forgot to wash them, that was after 3 days

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat