hf1

Best choice of fabric for WN custom lining?

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Best choice of fabric for WN custom lining?

Postby worcestercat » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:41 pm

I was wondering whether to go for:
microfibre
Minkee
Cuddlesoft
or any other option given to you on the website.

My little one needs it to stay as dry as possible next to her skin but have only experienced microfibre.

Looking forward to ordering my first WN nappy. :loveit:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Best choice of fabric for WN custom lining?

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:37 pm

Definately not microfibre - feels nasty against the skin :? did you mean microfleece?
To be honest the dryest inner would be fleece or microfleece...
Cuddlesoft and minkee are beautifully soft but not quite as dry as fleece...

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:39 pm

oh yeah i was wondering about this too, steph whats the difference between cuddlessoft and minkee, and why do people go for those over microfleece :idea:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:49 pm

littlesez wrote:oh yeah i was wondering about this too, steph whats the difference between cuddlessoft and minkee, and why do people go for those over microfleece :idea:

To be honest I don't really know what the difference between cuddlesoft and minkee are - cuddlesoft may be a little softer in the long-run but dunno why... (Helpful aren't I ;) )
microfleece clogs easier with creams and detergent (altho' not often) and also doesn't say as super soft, can bobble too...
Cuddlesoft/minkee stays nice and soft against LO's skin...
It's a personal choice really...

I've also got various pockets (BGs) that are suedecloth inners which seem to be quite dry but very thin...

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Minkee and cuddlesoft are almost identical; I think they're different brands.

I prefer them over fleece as they're so beautifully soft and don't stain, or age anywhere near as quickly as fleece. Fleece stays a bit dryer but bobbles quickly; I won't wear fleece pads, so refuse to make Jasmine wear fleece inners when minkee or cuddlesoft are available!

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:52 pm

I'd go minkee though i haven't tried cuddlesoft tbh with you :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:53 pm

I~ would go for minkee or cuddlesoft, they are much softer than fleece and keep their condition so much better, not sure what the difference is though but cuddlesoft is slightly cheaper but doesn't come in a wide range of colours - not that that matters to me xx

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:16 pm

I have one fleece inner and 4 cuddlesoft inners and love the cuddlesoft inner ones!! Fleece is lovely and more stay dry than cuddlesoft but i love how soft the cuddlesoft stays and doesnt stain...the fleece has gone a little bobbly...

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:42 pm

We have all three and I definitely prefer the cuddlesoft or minkee inners over the fleece. I actually find Rowan's skin is dryer with the minkee/cuddlesoft as well. I can't really see the difference between minkee and cuddlesoft - I think it may just be different manufacturers names. They both wash really well and stay sooo soft unlike the fleece which does tend to go bobbly and is more likely to hold onto stains. hth

Cathleen xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat