hf1

Help me cloth shopping for my nephew please!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Help me cloth shopping for my nephew please!

Postby charlibunny » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:30 pm

My SIL wants to use cloth, she has said she will give me the money if i get her a stash!! WOOOHOOO!!!
They need to be inexpensive, absorbant and i want a few diff ones for her to try. Going to do a wanted post but need to be a little more specific!!
He is 5 months old but VERY chunky and gorgeous, i think he is 18-19lbs maybe more now!!!
I was thinking maybe a few preloved NL's, BG's, fuzzi's, maybe a cheap but absorbant fitted? I think he is a heavyish wetter judjing by his pampers :giggle:

So inspire me girls!!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Help me cloth shopping for my nephew please!

Postby Frances » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Bear in mind that he'll probably wet less heavily once weaned...

I definitely agree with BG and Fuzzis as cheap pockets, and NL for fitteds. Bamboo little lambs are also good, and very cheap. Perhaps some flongies and longies too??

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:03 pm

I'd say definately for fitteds NL's, they are relatively inexpensive, as for pockets i haven't got a clue as i haven't used any for a long time. What about a couple of pre-loved itti's to try. i love mine and they are so easy to use :wink: :D

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Tots bots bamboozles? Have always found these to be reliable and absorbant, just not very exciting!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Frances wrote:Bear in mind that he'll probably wet less heavily once weaned...

Absolutely! I was at my wits end with charlie's nappies, then all of a sudden (once weaned to 3 meals a day) there wasnt a problem!

Defo try BGs, they seem to fit a lot of babies well (though not here, charlies legs were too skinny for them :roll: ) Personally I'd stick with pockets until he is weaned, then try fitteds then. Coz it might be a bit of nightmare with fitteds til then, leaking, changing often, etc etc. Just make it easy :wink:

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:42 pm

yupp i'm another vote for fuzzi and BG. She could try BG's as a nighttime nappy too. I'd say maybe a cute itti but if he's on the larger side i'm not so sure on the fit.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:17 am

Kieren is a similar biuld although his weight gain has started to slow down now that he is rolling.sitting etc...

But we get on well with blueberries OS and SS, coolababies which are very cheap and a nice fit i think they are alot like fuzzies, WNOS although they are a little tight on Ds's thighs atm!

Fitteds we like goodmamas, DnF, bamboo little lambs, puddlekins OS etc...

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:39 am

becky1978 wrote:Tots bots bamboozles? Have always found these to be reliable and absorbant, just not very exciting!

I found them the least absorbant nappy ever :-? :giggle:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:46 am

fluffycabbage wrote:
Frances wrote:Bear in mind that he'll probably wet less heavily once weaned...

Absolutely! I was at my wits end with charlie's nappies, then all of a sudden (once weaned to 3 meals a day) there wasnt a problem!

Defo try BGs, they seem to fit a lot of babies well (though not here, charlies legs were too skinny for them :roll: ) Personally I'd stick with pockets until he is weaned, then try fitteds then. Coz it might be a bit of nightmare with fitteds til then, leaking, changing often, etc etc. Just make it easy :wink:

He is on solids already in a fashion, he drinks lots and lots of milk and water tho too!! Im on the look for some BG's. got her some bamboo MEOS to try and orederd her some EP boosters!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat