hf1

first nappy - red bottom

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: first nappy - red bottom

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:19 am

Shaunie wrote:I'm still trying different fitteds but what-ever I have used, LO is always red (not sore) from where the nappy has been. I never get this with at all with his pockets though, which are all fleece lined so for me, I think it's the wetness from being a fitted which irritates him (& me :giggle: ). :hug: :hug:

Same here, but i always used fleece liners with the fitteds too :babyrolleyes:

My avatar
mafford
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mafford » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:56 am

ok thanks for your ideas ladies - any particular makes I should be looking out for then?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:12 am

I would give it time, the skin is probably just getting used to it. If there are no sores and baby doesn't seem uncomfortable then I wouldn't worry about any pinkness. We found, after a long run of using cloth that the same happened when switching to disposables for a holiday. It was in no way irritating to our son, but the pinkness was there.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:22 am

I always line my nappies with either fleece or minkee liners, also make sure that his little bottom is completly dry after wiping him...if they are a bit wet in their creases from washable wipes then it can make them sore...disp wipes have something in them to dry the skin out afterwards but obv washable wipes dont...so always make sure he is nice and dry!

Hope you get it sorted soon! :hug:

My avatar
mafford
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mafford » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Absolutely fine with Itti Bitti, Blueberry and WN- no redness at all. Especially like the Blueberry, will have to hunt some down. Thanks ladies. :D

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat