hf1

Anyone tumbling at the mo?

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Anyone tumbling at the mo?

Postby Rox » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:56 pm

I dry mine on a maiden at the side of the open fire lol! They dry (inc bamboo inserts) in 12-24hours :wine: (depending on if i remember to turn them lol)

Tho since we've lost the coal shovel under the 8+" of snow we cant get coal so the fire isnt lit :roll: so i put yesterdays lot upstairs on a maiden in our bedroom, think theyre just about dry now, so thats about 36hours.

I dont see any harm in tumbling, when we had builders in making lots of dust i tumbled mine completely (on low) to get them out of the way or they would have gotten dirty... there were no problems except my HO BV got a bit 'plucked' looking as someone else has once mentioned on here. My other BV nappies like HL etc were fine so maybe its just that type of BV she uses.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:26 pm

I did for a couple of weeks as I had a MAHOOSIVE pile of washing to get through, but they're back to hanging on an airer over my bath this week. Most take just over a day to dry in there.

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby bedheaduk » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 pm

We only use pockets and Itti's in the day so all ours go on the airer for about 24 hours, then the night nappies and the hemp and bamboo inserts get about 30 mins in the tumble drier. I'd never get all the other washing hung up if I left the nappies hanging any longer!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:48 pm

I do a bit of both, hang the nappies on the clothes horse thingy in the spare room and then finish of in the dryer to soften them and get rid of dampness, I hate crunchy nappies and even though we are in a soft water area I would't put one on that was hard, no on my delicate little botton so not on Gracies either :giggle:
We have 2 of those radiator things as well that I hang the pockets on

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:15 pm

mine are hung on radiator thingies, my airer placed in front of radiator (not directly) or in the airing cupboard

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:30 pm

I only got a dryer about 2 months ago so it is still a bit of a novelty but now we have no kitchen and have set up a "camp kitchen" where I normally dry things, I have to admit I am tumbling all washing at the moment - that is until they disconnect my washing machine too, eeek. Then it is the launderette or begging friends :giggle:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:43 pm

My dryer makes the time go faster too! :giggle:

I'm still doing the usual air-dry for a couple of hours, 20 minutes in the dryer, air-dry until they're ready thing, and fortunately it's not taking too long (especially as I did two stripping loads this week, on top of all the normal washing!).

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Mine all go on an airer and the radiator hanger things, I've also got one of those circular airer things with pegs on that's supposed to be for socks, I use that if I'm running out of radiator space.

Clothes are all tumbled though, we have 2 tumble dryers :oops:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 pm

we have a tumble drie rbut haven't used it for over 2 years everything goes on the airers bedding over doors and stair banister nappies either go downstairs or in bedroom depending hwo much washign i ahve got downstairs

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat