hf1

How many nappies!?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:25 pm

Well to spot a poo in Ben's case

a little while ago it was when he bent his knees up.

Now its when you hear the same noise as a VERY loud fart (I kid you not sometimes I have to ask which one of my male family members did it - and Robert has been known to try and blame Ben!) and other times it is the same sound as when an adult has the runs on the loo :shock: .

Oh and if you are holding him, you can so feel it coming out :shock:

With Ben's bum being so so sore still :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I systematically change after every feed and then the mid point between the 2 feeds to its every 2 hours.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:35 pm

Jan, tandem pooing might prevent me missing one then!

Annette, sorry Ben's bott is so sore still :cry: I know you are doing everything you can.

I figured without the grim disposable smell I might not be able to detect a poo but it sounds like there might well be similarities in identifying a filled cloth nappy and a filled disposable...

ps Jan, what is a standard nappy check? I feel foolish asking that now :oops: I've only ever used disposables on babies I've looked after.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:41 pm

standard nappy check is what we do on occassion to see if nappy needs changing! it involves a simple peek down the back of the nappy or up the leg hole!

Many a time I've gone to have a peek and ended up with poop on my finger as a result! (usually more for L than the girls though!)

jan x

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Thank you :) Good job I have no fingernails to speak of then.... :shock: :wink: :D

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:57 pm

:D :D

me neither!

edited to add - just noticed you've reached 38 weeks!! yaaaayyyy!!!!

jan x

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Its a total miracle!

Now they just need to COME OUT, prior to their formal eviction on friday...

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:39 pm

clothpenguin wrote:Its a total miracle!

Now they just need to COME OUT, prior to their formal eviction on friday...

so friday is THE day if the pair of beans don't decide otherwise :lol:

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Oh yes, they were served notice last week having been booked for induction on wednesday, but they won a reprieve courtesy of me suggesting I would prefer to wait after the took the stitch out, which the medics seemed to agree wholeheartedly with (they do seem to change their minds alot!). Friday is the day by hook or by crook and they should be well and truely crispy on top by then so no excuses for not coming out!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:54 pm

clothpenguin wrote:Oh yes, they were served notice last week having been booked for induction on wednesday, but they won a reprieve courtesy of me suggesting I would prefer to wait after the took the stitch out, which the medics seemed to agree wholeheartedly with (they do seem to change their minds alot!). Friday is the day by hook or by crook and they should be well and truely crispy on top by then so no excuses for not coming out!

How exciting - only 3 sleeps unless they decide to come on their own!!! :D :D :D Can't wait to find out what you have in there!!! Off to start a poll in Gen Chat!!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat