hf1

She's peed through 4 nappies in.....

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: She's peed through 4 nappies in.....

Postby tanya » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:35 pm

She is showing a lot of signs of being ready for PT'ing. She asks for her nappy to be changed BEFORE she poops, LOL and after as well. When she's nappyless, she will quite happily sit on the potty and has "performed", both wee and poop.

We have a lot going on this month, including a lot of antenatal/hospital appointments (where potties r running to the toilet with a newly PT'd child would be difficult) and a visit to my parents at the end of the month, so provided she doesn't start to ask to PT beforehand, I think we will give it a proper go from Feb onwards.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Oh, and the HONN lasted 4 hours before it was utterly soaked too. Crazy short length of time for a night nappy!!

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Hopefully when you do PT, by the sounds of it she'll catch on really quickly. Ella isn't ready yet. She'll sit on a potty, calls it her baba and it's more an object of curiosity than anything else. She won't actually use it and seems to think it works better as a hat anyway. :roll: :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Aww sounds like she'll get on well PTing next month! We used night nappies pretty much constantly with Jak, If there is anything I can lend you Im more than happy to help, but I'm not sure I've got anything that would cut it for Bella that I spare, I do however have a few big weeds that we arent using and am more than happy to send them to you if they would be of any help hun :D

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks for the offer Hanna, it's really appreciated, but I think we have enough boosting to get through. We had managed a period where we didn't need to boost nappies but that seems to have gone again now. Ah well, we'll manage.

And both DH and I have asked the doctor about her drinking - having concerns for diabetes etc - and the doc looked at us as though we were mad, told us it was fine, to encourage it as much as possible and feel lucky. She said most people had problems getting kiddies to drink enough rather than too much.

The amount of squash I put in her cup is only enough to make it taste a little, really only colouring the water. She won't drink plain water at all and is constantly hassling for "real drinkies Moomy" if I try to offer it to her. The guzzles the real drinkies when she gets them!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:12 am

:giggle: Well, if she's thirsty it hardly seems fair to deprive her. It does sound like she's getting ready for PLing ( :cry: - at least you have another on the way! :hohoho: ), so you should only have to tough it out for another month or two. FC bubs is a light or medium wetter, much easier to deal with! :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:21 am

:oops: I waited for Kieren to be born and be a few weeks old before we started PT'ing...she finally asked me in august last year if she could wear big girl knickers and we started then...truthfully i think she was possibly ready a couple of weeks before K was born but i just couldnt handle it...I was in and out of the day unit at hospital with blood pressure problems everyother day which was like a 3 hour round trip , then I was admited for the last 2 weeks and then i had another c-section...

So i was a little selfish and waited untill i was ready for her to PT as even though she was showing signs before he was born we ended up with so much upheaval and change that i think she would have gone backwards anyway...

She only started showing signs a few weeks before he was born though...

:hug: Hope it goes well next month!!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat