hf1

She's peed through 4 nappies in.....

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: She's peed through 4 nappies in.....

Postby twinkletot » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:26 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: Hopefully it's just for today :-?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:34 pm

:shock:

I know Hanna used to use a Big Weed alongside any nappy Jak wore. I know it's almost two nappies in one, but it's gotta be better than wet legs? FC she settles down again soon.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Soupdragon wrote::shock:

I know Hanna used to use a Big Weed alongside any nappy Jak wore. I know it's almost two nappies in one, but it's gotta be better than wet legs? FC she settles down again soon.

She's right, still only got 2-3hrs out of them, sooo glad he's ptd now.

Hows she looking in the pting front, she seeming ready at all

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:27 pm

:shock: Like with Iris, I really think it's just that she's drinking so much. Does she really seem to be thirsty (ie asking for more to drink all the time), or just in the habit of sipping if it's available? I know when I'm working on the computer I'm usually not thirsty so don't have anything to drink, but if I happen to bring a glass of water and put it on the desk, it disappears pretty quickly without me really thinking about it :-?. Have you tried giving her half the usual amount and seeing how she reacts? I can't see that it would do her any harm to cut back a fair bit, and it might save you an awful lot of stress (and fewer nappy and clothes washes!).

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:03 pm

:shock: :shock: I was going to ask why she's so thirsty and drinking so much? Is the diluted squash sugar free and will she drink plain water too? Is she drinking for flavour, habit or thirst. :shock: Ella's liquid intake is probably a quarter of Bella's apart from fruit and fruit packets, but she's 6 months younger so not at same stage. She tends to have either water or half water half pure orange, sometime pure orange juice undiluted (it lasts longer if I water it down though so saves on pennies :giggle:). Is Bella flooding the nappies, so they just can't cope with large pees all at once? If she's doing that she may have good bladder control and then just letting it all go when she needs a pee.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 pm

:shock: :shock: Lord, that is a lot of wee.
She does seem to drink and awful lot,Gracie has about 8fl oz first thing and the same before bed and she has 1 sippy cup through the day sometimes she doesn't even drink a full one and she is never de-hydrated, she either gets water or very dilute pure apple.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:37 pm

This is exactly what Aoife did in the weeks leading to PT, every nappy was soaked through with some the wee just came gushing through as though she had no nappy on :shock: Aoife was a heavy drinker too :giggle: and still is but now she is out of nappies the wee volume does not seem as much.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Oh dear! :hug:
Hope you manage to sort it.
She is drinking quite alot, Have you mentioned it to the Dr?

Maybe its time to try PTing :oops: I didn't say that :giggle:
If she is holding it in maybe she will be able to do on a potty.

I'm running off now for speaking about the P word :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:31 pm

rhead wrote::shock: Like with Iris, I really think it's just that she's drinking so much. Does she really seem to be thirsty (ie asking for more to drink all the time), or just in the habit of sipping if it's available?

Oh no, she is definitely thirsty. She guzzles what she has then asks for more, and regardless of the amount of squash that's put into the cup, she drains that too. She's just a very thirsty child.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat