hf1

Pretty or Practical?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:52 pm

Velvetsteph wrote: And I did used to use Motherease velcro wraps until I discovered the weenotions ones which I would say are just as reliable but waaaaay prettier!! :)

Have heard recommendations about weenotions wraps before (although I can't remember if it was you Steph, or someone else lol), maybe I'll splash out on a couple. Ooh, exciting stuff! Note to self, check out weenotions tomorrow...!

Amanda x

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sueeltringham » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm practical and functional for nappies (love the slimness of bamboo) and love all my lovely white-ish nappies hanging on the line. I love pretty wraps and currently have an addiction to wool. My wool stash is getting out of hand!

Sue

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:41 pm

Amanda wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote: And I did used to use Motherease velcro wraps until I discovered the weenotions ones which I would say are just as reliable but waaaaay prettier!! :)

Have heard recommendations about weenotions wraps before (although I can't remember if it was you Steph, or someone else lol), maybe I'll splash out on a couple. Ooh, exciting stuff! Note to self, check out weenotions tomorrow...!

Amanda x

Definately check out the weenotions wraps :D

My avatar
Mum22
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mum22 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:44 pm

I'm glad it's not just me who has a practical but slightly boring stash.

But I'm definately going to invest in a couple of gorgeously pretty wraps before my DD is out of nappies and I have to get rid of everything :cry:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:36 pm

I 2nd the weenotions wraps too, we always foudnthem to be very reliable :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:08 pm

Well the fist 6 months was very practical - white little lambs with the white little lamb wraps. They worked really well, and I have no problems with them. Then I went to trying pretty wraps and bamboo nappies. Then pocket nappies, now I have lots of pretty ones. Actually we have been lucky, there aren't too many we didn't get on with. The ones that we weren't so fond of were nippa bambeasys (David can't work nippas well) and wonderoos.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:39 pm

nic1 wrote:I 2nd the weenotions wraps too, we always foudnthem to be very reliable :D

How do they measure up compared to a ME Rikki, does anyone know? Connor's still in medium Rikkis, and I think they're supposed to go up to 20lbs. Don't know what he weighs exactly, but it's definitely a few more pounds than that. I suppose getting a large weenotion is safest, but I'd want to be able to use it straight away rather than wait for him to grow into!!

Amanda x

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:51 pm

boo wears a large wee notions if that helps...he wears 18-24 month clothes

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:55 pm

I bought a medium when Isabelle was in medium rikkis and had to size up to the large - they were very helpful though and swapped the wrap over straight away - so I would say get the large and if it's too big I'm sure they'll swap it straight away for you...

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat