Pretty or Practical?

My avatar
Mum22
Clothie
Clothie

Pretty or Practical?

Postby Mum22 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:16 pm

How do you choose your nappies?

Are you a sucker for all the gorgeous pretty nappies or are you more of a practical nappy buyer?

I tend to err on the side of practical. I love some of the fabric nappies and gorgeous prints but I just can't bring myself to fork out good money on something which is going to be covered up most of time. Perhaps I'm just tight.

I do have some lovely wraps which I use in the summer when DD is wearing a dress but generally I just go for Little Lamb Bamboos with a Motherease Airflow wrap. I know it's reliable, will contain eveything and not leak.

But as DD will be out of nappies soon perhaps I should invest in a couple of gorgeous ones while I still have the chance to use them. :D

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:17 pm

I am abit of both TBH!!! I love pretty prints but at the same time i do sometimes look at the practical side of things! :D

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:24 pm

Pretty but has to work. :lol:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:26 pm

Yes i agree with Hannah and anything that doesn't work gets sold with me!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:27 pm

nic1 wrote:Yes i agree with Hannah and anything that doesn't work gets sold with me!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have noticed lol

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:37 pm

baby_bufters wrote:
nic1 wrote:Yes i agree with Hannah and anything that doesn't work gets sold with me!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have noticed lol

Hehehehehe but it is daft hanging onto them if they don't, would rather sell on and then fund something that does!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:59 pm

i am also a bit of both! i wont hang onto anything that doesn't work, no matter how pretty it may be, but will always pick something pretty if it is equal to the not so pretty one...eg mother ease airflows or weenotions...there is no contest! i would rather spend a little more and be able to extract joy everytime i see it!!!

my night nappies tend to be pretty boring...they were bamboo kiwi quick flips, so were boring old white, but am now getting fn coloured ones!!

tho i must admit to my favourite day nappies being motherese one size bamboo and cotton little lambs...possible the most boring nappies in the world!!!

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:28 pm

practical nappies, pretty wraps, but I'm not *that* bothered. Atm we have 2 motherease xl wraps and a bunch of 2nd hand size2 kissaluvs that are seriously threadbare :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:20 pm

Pretty but as the others say they have to work. I can't get on with cotton topped pul which is such a shame (well good for my pp account!!). I've had quite a long standing rule of 'no white' in my collection, only exceptions are my free LL and my 2 fluffles. Even my terry squares are Bright Bots!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat