Second hand Tots Bots Bamboozle

My avatar
Pachino
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Second hand Tots Bots Bamboozle

Postby Pachino » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Once again thanks for your suggestions.
Velvetsteph, I really can not remember where I have seen the info about not tumble drying, maybe a Dutch or Italian web site. But this info got so stuck in my mind that I put off the idea of buying a t/d.... We do not have one, but I was ready to buy for the 'mission: cloth nappies'. If I find the website, I'll post it.
Ciao

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:20 pm

Can I ask how they were desribed andwhat you paid, it's hard to decide whats reasonable without this, I will only buy nappies that have picx and are described as euc (excellent used condition) I would also hope any stains would be mentioned

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Pachino
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Pachino » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:00 pm

freckle and flutterby,
they were supposed to be the the core of my nappies set, with few new buys.
The set is composed by 16 size 1 and 20 size 2, plus 2 wraps size 0 and 2 wraps size 1.
She added 2 wraps size 2, and 4 fluffy that were not advertised, as an extra.
This was also her advertisement, no info about condition. In our email exchange, she added that they were never in the tumble dryer (you see Velvetsteph, maybe then it is a Dutch thing, after all...), and were still in very good condition.
I have paid 250 euro, more or less 220 pounds.
What do you think?

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:05 pm

I think you could get a MUCH better stash for £220!

I'd send them back. I would probably shop around sites like this one and buy the sizes that you will need now and make sure you buy nappies that you can sell on afterwards to fund the nappies you will need further down the line.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 pm

For £220 I would expect pristine nappies with no stains and they should have been in EUC (excellent used condition) personally i would sent them back, there are much better napppies out there second hand (browse through the classifieds here) and im sure you wouldnt spend that much either :shock: That seems alot no matter if they were in new condition!

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:24 pm

:shock: :shock: I would definetly send them back. Before I found cloth nappy tree, I got 10 size 1 tots bots bamboozles, brand new with wraps off ebay, I think I paid about £60. Since then I have bought preloved bamboozles from here, for about £3 each. They were in excellent condition, lovely and fluffy.

Send them back.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:59 pm

If you do end up looking for other tots bots I've just seen this: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.427 ... ory.341/.f

£82.50 for 15 size two with 4 wraps. They are brand new but seconds though they say that the 'seconds' bit will never effect their performance. The popper ones are from 10lbs.

My avatar
Pachino
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Pachino » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:15 pm

Wow, what can I say?
I am almost overwhelmed by all your help and suggestions! Thanks sooo much :D
Freckle, you sent me a great link, thanks again.
I have just received a bamboozle day pack, and THESE ARE silky!
My husband will be back tomorrow, I'll wait for his opinion but I must say that your point of view helped me to make my decision. I think tomorrow I'll send them back!
If you have more suggestions or opinions, please keep on sharing.
Thanks again
So glad I've found the tree :cnthug:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 pm

I think that's the right decision, you should LOVE your nappies and not settle for something you're not happy with :giggle:. That doesn't necessarily mean they need to be all fancy - when I started out with cloth for my son all I had was plain white terry size 1 Little Lambs and then BTP nippa'd Bumbles, but they performed fabulously for us and I loved them - but you definitely don't want to be going into it a bit lukewarm about what you have to work with. :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat