hf1

Help!! Night Nappies

My avatar
LadyMoonlight
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Help!! Night Nappies

Postby LadyMoonlight » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:01 pm

We use Bumhuggers at night but recently I've noticed that they just don't seem to be holding all the wet.

I'm going to try a couple of different night nappies but before I get too carried away, I thought I would ask for some advice.

Can nappies lose absorbancy if there is detergent build up? I've never stripped them so they probably could do with it.

What are the best boosters that you have? I stick a Hemparoo in at the moment but am thinking about something bamboo.

What are your favourite night nappies (my two are 19 months and heavy wetters so I have to use something heavy duty :lol: ).

Thanks,
LM x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:08 pm

Hiya

we love minkis stuffed with bamboo terries!! for all my 3!

don't like hemp at all, (never have really) bamboo all the way here!

jan x

My avatar
LadyMoonlight
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LadyMoonlight » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks hon :D

We've always got on really well with the Bumhuggers but suddenly I'm finding them soaking wet in the morning.

I had to throw Luke's grobag in the wash (fresh yesterday :x ) and his longies were sopping. Can't be doing with this every night!!

I've never tried minki's......will have a look at them.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:17 pm

they are a pocket nappy though so you wouldn't need your lovely woolies over them :(

wee notions night notions have been getting good remarks recently!

I had an ellas house for L and he wet it through all the time, even during the day!

and hemp is supposed to increase in absorbancy the more it's used!

jan x

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:29 pm

kiwi quick flip with a bit of extra hemp.

my favourite favourite night nappy!!!

minki pockets are a good babysitter option too

My avatar
LadyMoonlight
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LadyMoonlight » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm waiting for WN to get some bamboo fabric in then I'm going to order 2 of those :D

We had absolutely no problems with the EH's until this last week or so. I think I will try stripping them and see if that helps.

x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:31 pm

We have a standard minki stuffed with a microfibre insert + a easy peasy hemp + a HH stuffins (with oval) which works but is quite bulky. We have recently got a weenotions side snap bamboo, and are going to get another (when they get more bamboo in stock). Quite a bit trimer than the minki, but works well (with a correctly fitting wrap).
If you have detergent build up, your LO can get skin irritations, and when pee hits the nappy it can smell quite strong. We have never tried to strip a insert or nappy, but we always wash with half the amount of detergent, then do another complete (short) wash without any detergent.

My avatar
LadyMoonlight
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LadyMoonlight » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:31 pm

Thanks Shevi.

I'll add that to my possible list :D

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:38 pm

I've got a 21mth heavy wetter and standard minkis work well for us too. You can adjust the stuffing according to needs (I'm currently using a folded prefold, easy peasy hemp booster, microfibre insert and folded microfibre cloth - not actually as bulky as it sounds!), and as they have a pul layer you shouldn't get any soggy grobags. But as Jan says, shame you won't need to use your longies. You can always use them as pj bottoms anyway :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat