hf1

Just can't seem to measure properly: WN and pbpd

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Just can't seem to measure properly: WN and pbpd

Postby worcestercat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:06 pm

I am rubbish at measuring.... I must one the generation to whom they stopped teaching it to properly at school! :giggle:
Everytime I measure my :crossbaby: I think I have it then order the nappy and it ends up being too big :babyrolleyes:

I want to order a WN and currently have a pbpd m/l which is a tiny bit lose on the tightest poppers. Does anyone have any idea which size WN I am likely to need? Or any advice on how to find out :hohoho: I feel a bit useless :oops:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Just can't seem to measure properly: WN and pbpd

Postby rhead » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:59 pm

I'd say M, or try an OS ... what age/weight is your LO?

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby worcestercat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:59 pm

rhead wrote:I'd say M, or try an OS ... what age/weight is your LO?

She is two in 10 days time :mrgreen: but quite petite. I haven't weighed her for a long time because I haven't really thought about how I would do this :hohoho:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:11 pm

worcestercat wrote:

She is two in 10 days time :mrgreen: but quite petite. I haven't weighed her for a long time because I haven't really thought about how I would do this :hohoho:

Get on scales, note your weight. Then get on scales with your LO, note down weight. The difference in figures is your LOs weigh :) This is what i do rather than stripping her off at the weigh in clinic which is usually FREEZING!

Id be tempted with a Large (20-35lbs), my dd is 11months and in a large, she is average weight/height and has lost loads of chubb because she is crawling.

hth x

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby worcestercat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:45 pm

happytails wrote:
worcestercat wrote:

Get on scales, note your weight. Then get on scales with your LO, note down weight. The difference in figures is your LOs weigh :) This is what i do rather than stripping her off at the weigh in clinic which is usually FREEZING!

Id be tempted with a Large (20-35lbs), my dd is 11months and in a large, she is average weight/height and has lost loads of chubb because she is crawling.

hth x

Maybe you are right. I did notice this particular pbpd only had a few poppers to allow adjustments and I imagine the WN have a lot more poppers?
Last edited by worcestercat on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:48 pm

If you're going for a WNSS then get a large with a standard rise I'd say or if the rise isn't high enough get a large with the high (old) rise...

To measure your baby's rise do it over the nappy...

To measure thigh - measure where a nappy normally sits on her thighs...

HTH :)

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby worcestercat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:59 pm

I used some initiative :giggle: and measured the pbpd nappy (which I mentioned was a little lose) and this is how it compares to WN measurements on the webby

pbpd unstretched:
waist 26.5 cm
leg 19 cm

WN LARGE unstretched is:
waist: 32 cm
leg: 19.5 cm

:hohoho:

So at this rate, the large WN will be too big. I think my little one is quite petite for a two year old- not in height but weight :babyroll:

I shall try measuring her for the 10th time tomorrow.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Gracie is long and very skinny, about 24lbs and 22 months,I have her in a WNSS large with standard rise, have pics of her in the photo thread in a large FF as well xx

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:18 am

Measuring is the safest way - all you really need to do is around her middle (belly-button level or just under) and around her thigh, right at the top where the nappy will sit.

My LO is also a skinny minnie, around 24lbs at 26 months, and she still fits in a medium WNSS; I do prefer the larges now though!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat