Sandy's - Mother Ease Nappie ? Help lol

My avatar
MichelleEmmaJane
Clothie
Clothie

Sandy's - Mother Ease Nappie ? Help lol

Postby MichelleEmmaJane » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:56 am

Hello,

Im new to useing cloth nappies and i used the Sandy's MotherEase Nappie for the first time and when my daughter went to the toilet it came strate threw.

Am i doing something wrong or am i meant to put something inside this nappie ?? :giggle:

Thanks x

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Sandy's - Mother Ease Nappie ? Help lol

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Sorry to ask a daft question but are you using a wrap with the nappy? :oops: If so then I found that Mac saturated his MEOS very quickly. The poppered booster they come with made little difference I think you would need to use a bamboo/hemp booster for added absorbency.

Don't worry I'm sure someone with more experience will come along soon with some good advice.

My avatar
MichelleEmmaJane
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MichelleEmmaJane » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:04 pm

Its not a daft question lol I am just useing the Nappie on its own , Am i Ment to use a wrap with this nappie then ? :oops: heehee

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:06 pm

:giggle: yes definitely. Its a fitted nappy which means it has no waterproof layer to stop wet getting through to the clothes. I would suggest using a ME Airflow or Rikki as they are virtually bombproof, and work especially well with MEOS. How much does your lo weigh? I have a few very worn, but still very serviceable airflow and rikki medium wraps, that I could send to you to try. They're medium so will fit approx 10-20lbs.

I personally didn't get on well with MEOS as the crotch was too wide for Max. I found sandies slightly better but I now use a mixture of pockets, all-in-ones and other fitteds. Its just a case of finding what works for your LO - am still making (somethimes expensive mistakes) with Max :giggle:

I would recommend browsing the Reviews section. For fitted go to viewforum.php?f=25 and for pockets and AIOs go to viewforum.php?f=26

If you have any issues with the different types of nappy or abbreviations then the threads on this are very useful: viewforum.php?f=21

Other than that ask lots of questions as its a very friendly community. Hope this all helps :wink:

My avatar
MichelleEmmaJane
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MichelleEmmaJane » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:26 pm

OOps :giggle: heehee

She is about 18ibs, It didnt tell me i needed a wrap and didnt have one on in the picture either so i fort it was just how it is lol.

Think i need an all in one , what names can i look for these ?

Im so confused :lol: lol

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:44 pm

If you want to go down the AIO route I would recommend Itti Bitti D'Lish, BumGenius and Wee Notions (not used these yet but they are raved about on here and I'm planning on adding some to my stash as soon as I can).

As for stockists there are too many to mention but www.babykind.co.uk www.fill-your-pants.co.uk and www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk are good places to start.

For pre-loved bargains there is the classifieds section here which is great as well as www.thenappysite.co.uk and http://www.ukparentslounge.com/forum/vi ... 034d325ad0 that I've used in the past.

My avatar
MichelleEmmaJane
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MichelleEmmaJane » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Thanks for your help ,

I have had a read about al lthe diff nappies and kinda understand them more now,

I will take a look at some sites and see what id like to try :)

thanks again x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat