hf1

Help with nights for toddler

My avatar
jscobie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Help with nights for toddler

Postby jscobie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm looking for some advice for night nappies for Joshua. At the moment we use either (all in large): wee notions night notion (all bamboo) or puddlepants weedie (stuffed with a bamboo terry 40x40, bamboo booster and hemp booster).

really like the night notions as it is really absorbent BUT am finding that he is wetting more heavily at nights now and needs it boosted. tried boosting it with a hemp booster under the booster it came with but last night this leaked and the nappy was SOAKED!! i find that if his nappy isn't boosted enough at night it causes chafing on his thighs.

we use wool and i want to stick with this as i found that using PUL or pockets (such a Minki ones) causes his bum to be a bit red where as with wool this seems to help.

we prefer poppers to aplix and are not a fan of nippas as we found that they sometimes pop off (even with new ones).

any suggestions?? jackie x

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:13 pm

N0 advice Jackie but just wanted t0 say W0W t0 the weeing. Fr0m what I've heard th0se ween0ti0ns are really abs0rbant s0 that is impressive wetting!!!

Maybe a hemp night n0ti0ns???

H0pe s0me0ne has s0me g00d advice f0r y0u.

My avatar
LadyMoonlight
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LadyMoonlight » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:21 pm

I'm having the same problem with my two at the moment so I'll watch this with interest.

We use Bumhuggers boosted with a Hemparoo, lately this just hasn't been cutting it though.

During the day, I've worked out that my two drink well over a litre of fluid, and most of this tends to be in the afternoon/evening. They are waking up soaking wet unless we use PUL covers. Like you, I prefer to use wool at night.

My avatar
jscobie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jscobie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:23 pm

he wouldn't have been wet through this morning if he'd been in wool interlock or my thick shetland wool puddlepants longies BUT the nappy is still sodden and causes chafing. i prefer the nappy to be wet but not soaked.

what about kaypees or phoenix nappies??

My avatar
jscobie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jscobie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:37 pm

Josh drinks a lot more than he used to and also, disgusting as this may sound (though i think a lot of kids do this), he drinks a lot of bath water too. :oops: obviously that is just before he goes to bed and he gets a bottle of milk in his bed too. i give him a pint of his hypoallergenic milk formula a day to meet his calcium req as he is milk intolerant.

What about babybufters?? really clutching at straws!! i know that a Jiant would work but they only come in nippa fastening. Also an XL Huggle.

Oh, also tried a large huggle boosted with my hollow oak night booster the other night and that worked quite well so will try that again too.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:01 pm

Have you tried the weedie but with more hemp?

Or the kaypee (I think mine is a large high-rise) would probably be big enough - and I've been able to add loads of extra boosting to mine without any probs.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:14 pm

I'm loving my weedies at the moment - LOADS of room for boosting... Possibly the biggest nappy we have!! :lol: And the only one where she is on the smallest popper setting...

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:16 pm

How about a bamboozle. I can be boosted to the max. I put a mf cloth between the sew-in booster and the nappy and a greenkids hemp insert between the nappy and the wrap. and it works very well.
I have a baby bufter night nappy but I tend to keep it for naps as I found it a bit bulky and can't really boost it.
Or there 's alway the little Kiwi bamboo or cotton, they're fantastic nappies.
Last edited by Pinchette on Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Our size two bamboozles (applix) haven't fitted for AGES!! :oops: :roll:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat