hf1

What to do?

My avatar
muddypawsk
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

What to do?

Postby muddypawsk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:18 am

Since I potty trained Murray 2 weeks ago, he wakes at 5am every morning complaining that he's wee'd or asking to go for a wee. So we've been up at 5am every day. (well dh has :lol: )

But twice this weekend we took his nappy off when he woke, sat him on the loo, then put him back to bed with no nappy and he's gone back to sleep for a couple of hours.

He just seems to hate wee'ing in a nappy now, its obviously waking him up. Which I guess is a good thing long term as it means he might train at night easier than some. But I don't want to get up at 5am and I don't want him to either as it then means he's grumpy and tired all day.

Should I leave him in cloth but take him for a wee when 'I' go to bed around 10-11pm, to see if that helps him as he might not need to wee at 5am then

Or should I switch to disgusting disposables for night time so that the might not feel wet

I'm thinking of trying option 1 first as I really don't want to use disposables.

But if that doesn't work will I be forgiven for 1 disposable a night?

:oops:

Any other ideas? xxx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:53 am

Hmmmmm tricky one. If you havent' been lifting him when you go to bed you could try that, may just push back the waking time to a decent hour for you all!

If all else fails 1 dispo a night is not the end of world either! What nappy have you got him in at the moment at night?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:58 am

I say try getting him up when you go. Also, what liners are you using? I was using paper for a long time and thought they were great, but switched to fleece a couple of weeks back and can't believe the difference it makes in how dry he feels even when the nappy is soaked.

Dispo's have their place, I'm sure almost everyone here has used them when needed. I know we did the other night when I (silly disorganised mammy) had no nappies ready for overnight.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:04 am

I would try taking him to the toilet when you go to bed. Or would he use a potty on his own if it was left in his room for him? you would need a pull-up style nappy for that though :?

I would definately take it as a sign of night training, Ella did this was dry in the night very shortly after training in the day at 2 yrs 2 months.

Good luck :D

My avatar
muddypawsk
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby muddypawsk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:04 am

I think I am going to try lifting him for a wee when i go to bed myself. See what happens.

He wears whatever I have to hand. Either Fluff n Stuff fitted, bamboo little lamb, huggle. All boosted and I use a fleece liner. And I use wool longies overnight.

This morning he had flooded everything with one massive power wee.

My avatar
muddypawsk
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby muddypawsk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:08 am

karenandgeorgia wrote:I would try taking him to the toilet when you go to bed. Or would he use a potty on his own if it was left in his room for him? you would need a pull-up style nappy for that though :?

I would definately take it as a sign of night training, Ella did this was dry in the night very shortly after training in the day at 2 yrs 2 months.

Good luck :D

Hi, no Murray is still in a cot so couldn't get up to wee. And he hasn't figured out pulling his own pants down for a wee yet. lol And he will only use the toilet, not a potty. And he can't use the toilet on his own yet. :roll:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:37 am

It's a tricky one MP, i would do like others have suggested and take up before you go to bed in the hope it gives you all just that extra time in bed. Hope all goes well and let us know how you get on with it.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:29 am

i would try waking him for a wee when you go to bed (tho books warn against this being at the same time every night) but my lo is impossible to wake when asleep...so that never worked for us...we either used a sposie at night (i forgive you if you choose that route!!...for us it was the precloth days!!) or fleece lined pocket bot or happy heiny pull ups...there are worse things than using 1 sposie a day (i'd say using 8 was pretty bad, but any less is good!!)

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:01 pm

i got my little girl to choose some pocket nappies and used paper liners. She then told me about four weeks ago that she didn't want to wear them anymore. I would get him up before you go to bed. I also still leave a potty in my little girls room though i understand this is more dificult for a boy. Good luck

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat