hf1

Poo removal - wet stuff.... TMI

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Poo removal - wet stuff.... TMI

Postby clarge » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:45 pm

HI ladies... as i only started using cloth with Dylan when he was 1, I have no experience of sluicing those NB poops off.... how do you get it off the nappy? Our shower is over the bath so doesnt reach the loo to rince down there, so what to do? Dylan's tend to fall off, or if a bit sticky i just rince from a cup and is fine.... Advicee?

C x

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Poo removal - wet stuff.... TMI

Postby nabroc » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:49 pm

I used to rinse Eoin's in the sink with a cloth solely for poop scrubbing, that would only work if they were runny enough to go down the plug though :giggle:

Becks x

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby bedheaduk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Will your shower definitely not reach? Our shower is over the bath but it is JUST long enough to reach for sluicing nappies down the toilet. Wiping it off with toilet paper sometimes works as well depending on the consitency :giggle:

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:11 pm

We never removed any nb poo. Only having to do it now that he's on solids. We've not had any problems with this method.

My avatar
cvdbout
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby cvdbout » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:31 pm

For the really sticky stuff I scrape as much as I can then stick it in the machine on a rinse cycle before putting it in the bins :oops: Probably not great for the washing machine, but the drains from my bath and sink got blocked before when i rinsed it off under the tap :giggle:

For DD we dont even bother just now, only the proper people poos we scrape

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:32 pm

joeli wrote:We never removed any nb poo. Only having to do it now that he's on solids. We've not had any problems with this method.

WSS< we never removed newborn poo...even after i stopped breastfeeding i really only started dumping the poop off the liners once they had both started solids...

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:48 pm

oh - so is it ok to wash with the NB poop in there? wasnt sure.... wouldnt bother me doing that, i always do a rince cycle to start anyway, just wasnt sure how they would wash.

And yeh, the bath has the sink between it and the loo so unless we buy an extra long hose, have 1.5m already, longer are £20 plus, no way it would reach.

Ok, NB poo in the machine it is! Think if i rinced in the sink i would be bleaching it every time i rinced.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Our shower doesn't reach the loo either so I use the shower to rinse them over a bucket and then pour the contents of the bucket down the loo.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:06 pm

BF poo i just put in the wash - its all liquid anyway so a pre-wash is all you need to help it along.

Once it got a bit stickier/thicker with formula/weaning later i used to just pick off all i could with tissue and flush it.

Once solid it just rolls...

I have never sluiced a nappy and tbh, never would - its not really needed if you have a good machine and a pre-wash.

Pick off all you can thats lumpy/thick and let the machine do the rest of the hard work. Modern machines and detergents are very good at cleaning and as long as there are no solids it'll all come out fine.

:)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat