hf1

Newborn nappies

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Newborn nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:33 am

Oh this is a good thread, I've been considering the same for number 2.

With DS I only used cloth from 6 months (bamboozles and rikki wraps, which functioned perfectly but weren't so pretty).

From what I can tell, and people on here will probably correct me, but it seems that most of the smaller nappies will only be suitable from around 10lb/4.5kg, so I've decided to try just muslin with wraps for the first 2 weeks or so. I've also got a couple of small itti's that hopefully might fit at this size, which will be more suitable for DH to use.

Then I've started getting a few medium itti's, again for DH but partly because they're so nice and touchy feely compared to the bamboozles we used to use. I'm still debating what is the best option for me to use.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:19 pm

Ooh I like this thread! I havent bought any newborn nappies in a while, and hardly any fancy ones....actually, no fancy ones unless you count a newborn swaddlebees OCV!

So far in my stash I have (although they're in a box somewhere so not sure on numbers)

- size 1 diddy diapers (probably at least 10)
- size 0 bimbles
- motherease shaped flats (boring, but practical!)
- newborn swaddlebees OCV
- 5 bamboo unbleached 40cm terries
- 5 bamboo white 50cm terries
- 3 little lambs bamboo size 1 (and wraps)
- XS bamboo sandies
- XS cotton sandies
- 5 newborn cotton bottoms wraps (that I plan to use fabric paint on)

I don't think I have any small pockets, as I didnt use them on Molly, but I might splash out on a couple of WN's once baby arrives and I can choose girly or boyish ones! If I could gather the funds I'd also get some of the lovely nappies the other ladies have mentioned, but not sure how likely that will be! TBH though, I'd rather spend the money on bigger nappies that will last longer, I'm sure I have at least 40 newborn nappies anyway, not to mention all the onesize nappies (swaddlebees, WN's BB's, BG's, GM's PK's, MEOS, etc)

As for wool, I've knit up a couple of newborn soakers and 2 pairs of newborn longies, and have some yarn dyed ready to knit up depending on what colour bump is when s/he arrives. Got lots of fleece to cut up for liners and I must sort out the wipes to see how many I have.

Have also managed to make 13 pairs of BV breastpads, and will hopefully be making some PP CSP too. Ooh its exciting, we should post pics of our stashes!! :D

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Oooooo glad I found this, was going to post the very same question ... already ... :oops: :oops: :giggle:

I'll have a browse of the lovely newborn stash lists here and then keep my eye on classifieds. Though seeing as a lot of my nappies come from Frances it would seem we have similar tastes so may have to fight over them :twisted: :twisted: :babyroll:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:19 pm

indigosky2k wrote:Oooooo glad I found this, was going to post the very same question ... already ... :oops: :oops: :giggle:

I'll have a browse of the lovely newborn stash lists here and then keep my eye on classifieds. Though seeing as a lot of my nappies come from Frances it would seem we have similar tastes so may have to fight over them :twisted: :twisted: :babyroll:

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: I was going to stalk the classifieds later in the year :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat