hf1

How did you find out about cloth nappies?

Professional e.g. midwife/health vistitor
No votes
Existing cloth user
10%
Baby Show or other advertising event
3%
Surfing the net / forums etc
68%
Other
19%

Total votes : 31
My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sjb2711 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:45 pm

Not sure whether a similar poll already exists but wondered how people started down the cloth nappy route.

For us it was after attending a local Baby Show and speaking to the Nappy Lady who had a stand. Just interested how other people started down the cloth route.

Sarah

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:46 pm

We considered it while pregnant and then never got round to it until Kiara was about 13 months old. I lurked on here for about 2 months before taking the plunge. My only regret is to have waited for so long.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:54 pm

I knew I always wanted to use cloth. THen when I was pregnant, I looked into what cloth there was and was amazed and confused with all the choice.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:54 pm

I did all my research on the internet as I don't know any cloth users in real life and my hv is clueless. :roll:

I decided to look into it when I was expecting Zac and realised I would have two in nappies. I couldn't face the mountain of disposables we'd be using and storing in our bin.

Wish I'd know from the start with Lockie. :D

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 pm

Fr0m my birth b0ard, quite a few are cl0th users.

I b0ught little 0nes bef0re he was b0rn but didn't end up using them and I was 0n MSN chatting t0 BB friends 0ne night, Zach was ab0ut 9 m0nths, and l0ads were cl0th users s0 I just 0rdered a bambeasy and p0p0 wrap fr0m easy peasy and the rest is hist0ry.

In real life, the 0nly pe0ple I kn0w wh0 use cl0th are pe0ple I met 0nline.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 pm

I researched it all on the net myself. I distinctly remember at the time thinking, why would you want to buy multi-coloured nappies - so my first collection were all plain white motherease onesize bought 2nd hand from ebay!

Oh how things have changed :lol:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:07 pm

I just wanted to use cloth so bought some terries etc! then after l was born and we got the internet I started to look it up and found all sorts online!!

jan x

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sueeltringham » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:13 pm

I honestly don't remember! I know I've always hated dispicables and the idea of throwing them all in the bin. I used cloth from the start with my son, bought everything before he was born, and have never looked back! I just don't know why dispicables are so popular! Most people I know think I'm mad and I'm just making work for myself, but I don't think they are much hassle, you've just got to get into a routine and make sure you buy enough nappies!

Sue

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:36 pm

sueeltringham wrote:I honestly don't remember! I know I've always hated dispicables and the idea of throwing them all in the bin. I used cloth from the start with my son, bought everything before he was born, and have never looked back! I just don't know why dispicables are so popular! Most people I know think I'm mad and I'm just making work for myself, but I don't think they are much hassle, you've just got to get into a routine and make sure you buy enough nappies!

Sue

Me too Sue, I can not for the life of me remember when I made the decision.
I think I just happened to stumble across nappy sites whilst surfing baby sites and mentioned it to DP, who thought it was a great idea. DP and I are both quite (not overly so, but quite) environmentally minded, and hated the idea of packing our bins (and landfills) full of dispo's. That, added to the cost of buying dispo's, and the fact that we get charged for every binload of rubbish we put out made the decision quite easy for us.
We bought everything I thought we'd need (hahahaha as if) when I was still pregnant, ordered a lovely BTP pack of bamboozles, unbleached loveliness. I thought they were so sweet at the time.... LOL now they're various colours, including black!

Dispo's stink! literally, I don't know how people put up with them in their house all the time. Although I suppose I never noticed it myself before I had Rhys, it's just the norm. A lot of people don't even know cloth (apart from white terry squares which most dispo users would never dream of) is an option.

A friend of ours is convinced that we'll be in dispo's within the year "cos it's just so much hassle". DP reckons he's just trying to convince himself that we will be so that he feels better about himself using dispo's.

WOW what an essay. Considering it only started out as a poll answer :oops:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat