hf1

How did you find out about cloth nappies?

How did you find out about cloth nappies?

Professional e.g. midwife/health vistitor
No votes
Existing cloth user
10%
Baby Show or other advertising event
3%
Surfing the net / forums etc
68%
Other
19%

Total votes : 31
My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: How did you find out about cloth nappies?

Postby babyroo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:36 pm

I don't know where I got the idea but I knew I wanted to use cloth before I had Harry. The only things I could look at on the high st were terry sqares and MEOS in Waitrose. So I ordered them both off the net, I don't think I really looked at any other options other than these, but then there wasn't anywhere near as much choice 4yrs ago anyway.

sjb2711 wrote:For us it was after attending a local Baby Show and speaking to the Nappy Lady who had a stand. Just interested how other people started down the cloth route.

What Baby Show was that Sarah?

My avatar
curiousgeorge
Clothie
Clothie

Postby curiousgeorge » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:33 pm

Thought about it before Roman was born but had visions of terry squares. When he was 12 weeks i got some Bambino Mios and thought "i'll never have to buy another nappy again!" 6 months later, loadsa money down and loadsa nappies heavier we have loads of prefolds, 2 parters, terrys, pockets and wraps. I only found out about all of these from the net!!!!!!!!!

My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sjb2711 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:56 am

babyroo wrote:What Baby Show was that Sarah?

At the Hop Farm in 2003/4. Been to ones since and only KCC have been promoting them.

Sarah

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:58 am

sjb2711 wrote:
babyroo wrote:What Baby Show was that Sarah?

At the Hop Farm in 2003/4. Been to ones since and only KCC have been promoting them.

Sarah

Aaaah, just wondered if it was one I'd been at :D You seemed familiar when we first met and I wondered if that was why! Obviously not......

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:56 pm

I voted 'other' as I think it was from visiting a local baby shop during Real Nappy Week when I was pg with Connor - they had a representative from the council and the guy from totsbots there, and I entered a draw and won some prefolds (great! :roll: ). Although I think I might've already been considering cloth and browsed online a bit, otherwise we wouldn't have gone to the shop specifically on that day...

Unfortunately the prefolds put me off as I really didn't like them, so after he was about 3 or 4mths old we had a gap of about 5mths before Connor was back into cloth. The decision to try again was down to online research (although I found the choice very daunting!) and Tory :D - and Mr Clothmama too, who over a few pints in our local pub extolled the virtues of cloth to my dh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amanda x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat