hf1

How did you find out about cloth nappies?

How did you find out about cloth nappies?

Professional e.g. midwife/health vistitor
No votes
Existing cloth user
10%
Baby Show or other advertising event
3%
Surfing the net / forums etc
68%
Other
19%

Total votes : 31
My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Oh, and I only found out after having Rhys and using cloth that my friend from home who recently had a baby too is also using cloth. She uses exclusively terry squares, must say I admire her resolve, but it wouldn't be for me :lol: . She's not as web-minded as I would be and until she saw me changing Rhys I don't think she realised there were others.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:47 pm

I knew about 'cloth' already from being in terrys myself as a baby as it were...

BUT I got a leafelet in one of the bounty pack type things you get while you're pregnant that advertised things like kushies and bambino mios...
Looked up bambino mios online and thought 'oh they look so easy' and went from there...

So I bought a BTP pack of bambino mios... They're still used after a fashion but not the way they intend!! :lol:

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:04 am

I thought vaguely about it when preg with dd1 but she was prem and we just didn't have a clue. When I got preg with dd2 I tried to get in touch with a nappy laundry service but they'd just stopped doing my area, so we didn't bother. When I was expecting dd3 I found out about ec-ing and had to do cloth really to do that right, though I was going to anyway. I had RL clothie friends by then too.

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:41 am

I just looked it all up on t'internet. I was looking on the bounty green forum but bounty runs really slow for me so I went searching elsewhere!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:48 am

I was actually looking on ebay for cheap disposibles and saw all these cloth nappies and had a chat to dp about them and he liked the idea too so I bought some 2nd hand off ebay that was when Phebie was 8wks and haven't looked back.

Did try terry squares and the plastic pants you can get from the shops over here back they didn't work well for us so I gave up if only I had known.

My avatar
LadyMoonlight
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LadyMoonlight » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:11 am

I use a general baby board and cloth is quite popular on there.

For the first six months, I wouldn't even have considered putting the twins in cloth but back then, I didn't realise how easy cloth actually was. We made the switch at around 7 months old and I've never looked back.

I had a nappy lady demo and bought a trial pack of Tots but had sold all of those within 6 weeks and hit the slippery slope that I still seem to be on now :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:25 am

I think it was a few discussions on my Parents in France board that piqued my interest, I then looked at an article on BC (One LIfe I think). Turned out that one of the girls on the PIF board was a Nappy Lady and I started mailing her (was about 5 months preggers with Louis). In the end it turned out she lives only 1/2 hour from me and had a baby 5 months older than Louis so we met up and I bought loads of her stuff plus a few new bits so was very into it even before he arrived!!

My MIL had given me some mothercare shaped nappies when I had Josh and I shoved them in the attic and refused to consider it. Mum tried to get me to try them. DH and I decided it would be too hard with a new baby, 1st time parents etc. Oh how I regret that decision now :evil: When Louis was tiny I found them in the attic and used them quite a lot in the early days (even now sometimes stuff with them) and they were from sil who is now 28!!!!

Another essay!! :lol: :lol:

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:25 am

I heard about modern cloth form Janey Lee Grace on Radio 2, she was raving about The Nappy Lady (William was about 8 weeks at the time) so I went and had a look at her site. I ordered a few, but was shocked at how massive they were, and was too embarrassed to say to the advisor, becasue I knew it was ridiculous. However I didn't realise that they could have given me slimmer ones to try :oops:

Anyway I stuck them in a cupboard and then found the dreaded Bambino Mio when he was 5 months (I think I can't remember now :oops: ), bought the large size and he was in cloth then to the end and Amelie has been in cloth since birth :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:29 am

When did you get into making them Suzanne? Wee Notions is now such a big thing in the cloth world :D

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat