hf1

Well this is just typical!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Well this is just typical!

Postby mabo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:02 pm

This is our 4th day in cloth and all is going really well! No leaks, no red marks on her thighs or waste.

However when I first thought about trying cloth my main 'plus' was that DD used to poo on average once a week. It was almost like clockwork...
She is totally BF at 8.5 months, but for the past 4 days she's decided to poo at least twice a day! :roll:

Is it because she likes her new nappies soooo much that she cant wait to have another one on? :D Good thing I had bought liners...

Anyway, we'll persevere. I have yet to try her in a fluffle at night though, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow... :wink:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:04 pm

:lol: Yes you can also always guarantee that when you get a new cute nappy, they have to poo in it within minutes of you getting it on their bum :D

Glad to hear it is all going well apart from that :D

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:08 pm

Another baby who poos a lot here - poo only twice a day I am impressed - I think we have had 4 pooey nappies so far today :roll:

At least with cloth nappies I have never had a leak and also it doesn't really matter how many you use in a day as you can just wash them, even though it can get midly annoying when nappies are only on for 15 mins before yet another clean one goes on!

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Well this is just typical!

Postby buzzybee21 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:25 pm

Oh, yes - pooing in new nappies is a baby rule, not sure where they learn these things but they all know it!

mabo wrote:Anyway, we'll persevere. I have yet to try her in a fluffle at night though, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow... :wink:

If you have a natural fibre booster (cotton or hemp or bamboo), add that to the fluffle at night time. If it gets really wet, microfibre can act a bit like a sponge and squeeze out. Other than that she'll be absolutely fine overnight! Go for it! :wink: 8)

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:27 pm

my son pooed around 6 times a day when he was a breastfed baby :roll:

the girls are at least twice a day!

don't mean to but a dampener on things but there are a lot of tummy bugs around! maybe she has a little tummy trouble!!

jan x

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:27 pm

:lol: :lol: That really is typical.

L00k at it as g00d practice!!! Sure she will settle d0wn s00n, maybe teething?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:28 pm

heheeheheh new nappies always encourage extra poo'ing :D

It's fab that all is going well with the cloth other than that though!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat